• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Tavern) City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPEKO

First Post
Gath looks at Persephone, then returns his attention to Gorefoot. He appears to have been calmed slightly by Persephone's intervention but he still does back down. Perhaps he's waiting to see how the gnome will react ?

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
On in way up to the bar, he shakes hand to any men he crosses and says:

"The name is Menrakion. Mercenary. Nice to meet you !"

Morulas raises a surprised eyebrow and studies Menrakion from head to toe.

"Nice to meet you too... Menrakion"

He watches Menrakion turn for the bar with a curious glance.

Seems like there is indeed an open market for talents and tasks to be found in this place. I guess I was right to come hear. Now if I could only find that reclusive Joe fellow.

Taking in all the exotic sights of the enormous Inn, Morulas strolls leisurely up to the bar.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars Blackbeard Level 1 Locksmith

Nars, though mildly amused by the all the preening of Gorefoot and Gath, begins to grow a bit bored. He walks up to the bar and asks the barkeep if they have any iron work puzzles. The barkeep produces a handful and Nars takes them back to the table with a smile on his face and sits down to diligently begin working them.

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Manzanita said:
Persephone rises and steps in between them. "Now boys. There's plenty of princess for both of you to guard. And we'll undoubtably need the services of everyone present if our next adventure is anywhere nearly as dangerous as the last one I was on. Why don't you both sit down and have a drink."

GPEKO said:
Gath looks at Persephone, then returns his attention to Gorefoot. He appears to have been calmed slightly by Persephone's intervention but he still does back down. Perhaps he's waiting to see how the gnome will react ?

OOC: Sorry, couldn't get to the computer this weekend. :D

Gorefoot glances at Persephone, then back to Gath, then back to Persephone again. Finally, he relaxes a bit and gives her an affirmative nod. "You're right, many warriors are better than one." He turns to Gath, oblivious to Lady Fant's correction regarding her title. "We should fight together to protect the princess. Then we can see who is the better warrior and still do our jobs." With that, he extends his hand out to Gath.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
IcyCool said:
COLOR]"We should fight together to protect the princess. Then we can see who is the better warrior and still do our jobs." With that, he extends his hand out to Gath.

Fant's left cheek tics slightly, and she appears obvlivous to Menrakion's attempts to get ahold of her hand to kiss it. "While your reconciliation is very touching," she says cooly, "I assure you I am quite capable of protecting myself and, furthermore, would gladly test my blade against that of any man, gnome, or dwarf in this tavern in competition for the title of best warrior." It is unclear whether that is intended as a statement or a challenge. Somewhere in the back of Fant's brain she's telling herself that if she gets angry every time someone assumes she's another helpless noblewoman in need of a bodyguard, she'll spend a lot of time being angry. She ignores it.

Zweischneid

First Post
A tall man steps into the room. He spots an empty table in the corner and sits down. He takes out a pack of cards and counts them. As a person walks by, he stops them and asks

Would like this lovely pack of cards? I found it under ground and

He points to the trade mark

its over 5 years old! I charge but 10 gp for this great bargain antique.

Morulas pauses to regard the offer.

"5 years seems hardly antique, does it? Especially if you just found it in the basement."

He smiles at the stranger, meaning only to tease the stranger in good humor.

"The pack of cards those people over there play with.."

He nods at the neighboring table.. than continues more softly.

".. seems to be at least twice as old by the stains of it."

Leaning a little bit closer, he asks:

"What kind of trademark is this anyways, that you consider so special?"

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Considering that Persephone's words are wise, Gath takes the extended hand but still looks at the gnome with some suspicion. "Right, work toge..ther be best. Still, me watch you. You try funny and me smash you!" With that, Gath returns to his food and drink, hoping some 'ad..ven..tu..re' will show up.

Patlin

Explorer
The Burning Tower (adventure intro)

A series of bells begin to chime outside the Red Dragon Inn, one after another until an impressive din can be heard throughout the city of Orussus. While the significance of the bells is not immediately clear to travelers, Joe looks up from tending the bar in mild alarm.

"That's a call for a fire brigade!"

In a flurry of activity, Joe begins to gather up some large buckets from various storage areas about the inn.

"Hey, any of you folks willing to help? If so, take a bucket and join the brigade!"

Anyone interested in helping out can look into the matter further here.

Zweischneid

First Post
"Greetings Joe.. I have been looking for you all even...."

"Ok, not the time I guess"

Morulas grabs a bucket and heads out the door.

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Excited at the prospect of doing something, anything, Gorefoot practically flies off of his stool and grabs a bucket. As he runs for the door, he remembers being a part of a fire brigade back in Gemhold. They had managed to put out the blaze on the ground floor, but by the time they could get to the upper floor, terrible damage had been done. His cheeks blazing with embarrassment at asking for help, he calls out to Gath, "Gath! We could use your strength, and your ... height." With that, he heads out to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads