[Tavern] Tower's Shard '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

drothgery

First Post
"You've been on the other end of it, then? I was taught that an effective military force had to be willing to take casualties from their own spellcasters, but I didn't believe it until I had been in the field for months." She said. "I was sure that I would be better than all those others with arcane or divine powers who had placed them in Thrane's service, and would be able to place everything I cast perfectly. It took a long time for me to understand I was doing more harm than good in trying."

Tinwe

First Post
Gruff looked back at the priestess "Yar, I've taken hits from my side's artillery as well as the enemy's, and I've used my own magics to pull pulled the unwary enemy into the thick of battle to see how their prayers fare in the bloodpit." The dwarf gazes into the distance, seemingly staring at nothing. "There's nothing more terrifying than the clash of armies, but there's no joy like clashing and surviving." The long look disappears, and Gruff shakes himself slightly. "Barkeep! Another ale!"

pathfinderq1

First Post
The gnoll looked at each of the folk around the table, then at the tiefling. "Sweetness will help, yep yep yep," it barked. "Very good at taking away things lost under rocks- no matter who is holding on to them. And maybe I ought to be out of town for a while, yep yep yep..." It turned, and glanced warily at the doors of the tavern, then around the table again. "Only no more whining about the war, and how bad bad bad it was, and horrible it scarred you. War still being fought, every day, right here in Sharn, by children who have to fight to eat or be eaten. The day your war ends, you die. Everybody living is scarred and hurt by their fights, so no whining about it. Savvy?" Just perhaps, the creature was smiling, but the lolling tongue and large sharp teeth made it an uncomfortable smile.

drothgery

First Post
"Flamekeep is not like Sharn. Neither at its best nor at its worst; before I came here I would never have dreamed of such wealth among non-nobles -- and even there, only among the great Church dynasties -- or such crushing poverty among any civilized people." She said. She did not mention, of course, that the ir'Sarhains were very much one of those great Church dynasties.

Velmont

First Post
"So, are you all interested? I'll need to set up the transportation." ask Gareth.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm in vacation between August 28th and September 7th, so I might only start the game on September 7th or 8th instead of starting and having immediately a gap in the game. But until the end of the week, we might finish to set the adventure, and there might be a fifth or sixth player to join up the fun when the adventure will start.[/SBLOCK]

Tinwe

First Post
Gruff looked at the shopkeeper. "I'm interested, but how long is the lightning rail going to take to arrange?"

[sblock=ooc]I'll be on vacation from Sept. 6 through Sept. 13th, and my internet access will be once/day the 6th through the 11th, and not at all on the last three days.

I'm open to having someone play Gruff while I'm gone, if that would help keep things moving.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Sweetness is in. Never been on fancy Orien train. Do we need papers?"

OOC: I'm in, and willing to wait for a bit- I've already had my vacation.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I'll join if the offer is open to me as well." replies the large orc.

ooc: I'll be on vacation right when you get back Velmont, Sept 9-15.

Velmont

First Post
"Perfect. I'm ready to pay 700 gp, and as I told, anything you found is yours, I just want my amulet back. I'll also make arrangement for the trip. You'll be using the lightning rail for the first part of the trip, so I need to make some arrangement before you can leave. Do you have any more question?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]For the next two week, things will be slow and there will be little action until everyone is back from vacation. That will also give me time to either adapt the adventure for 4 players or to find a fifth player (a leader might be a good idea).[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads