[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai sits in silence, listening intently to what everyone else is saying. She knew nothing of sieges, it being a bit difficult to siege an entire forest. It all sounded quite terrible. The way Ryda described things, Tal thought she agreed that being in a siege didn't sound like much fun at all. She hoped desperately that wasn't a situation she was ever put in.

Velmont

First Post
The door opens and a man with some trendy clothing put a feet into the tavern, but stop in the doorway. He looks behind him where two armed man are standing. "Wait for me here" The two man, who looks like bodyguards, nods. The man enter the place and looks around. "It seems Sharn reputation is well made." He scans the room and his eyes finally falls on the half-elf.

"You!" he walks toward Priam. "You seems like the kind of person I'm looking at. You looks like an erudite. I would need you skills, and I would also like a few swords too, it might come handy. Are you available for a few days?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
"You!" he walks toward Priam. "You seems like the kind of person I'm looking at. You looks like an erudite. I would need you skills, and I would also like a few swords too, it might come handy. Are you available for a few days?"

"Well, I don't think I've ever been accused of erudition in public before," Priam says feigning surprise as he gives the man a playful wink. "Now that our conversation is winding down I'm certain we'd be more than happy to entertain your offer. What do you have in mind?"

twilsemail

First Post
Pis raises an eyebrow and glances at Priam. He leans back and watches the discussion between the two over steepled fingers. The rogue is being surprisingly quiet, though it’s fairly obvious to those close by that he’s repressing a grin. As he looks between the Invoker and the man in the doorway, the motion is exaggerated in the brightly dyed feather in his cap, which swishes and bounces with each turn.

[sblock=OOC]For future descriptions, is there an ostrich-like Eberron bird I should be referencing when talking about his feather or should I just go with ostrich?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mezegis

First Post
A small snicker escapes the half-orcs lips at the comment of needing sword, “Swords… are highly overrated.” She mutters

Velmont

First Post
"Great!" The man seems happy to have posibly found the resources he needed. "My name is Jasper Sirocco. My family have been trading with many marked House in the last generation and we got quite a small fortune. I got an heritage last year and I have decided to spend a good part of the gold I had to buy a new estate. The estate was really cheap. Rumors wanted it to be haunted. It's been a year I am there and I didn't saw any ghost or zombie or any kind of manifestation that could let me presume those rumors were true.

Last month, I decided to build a small cottage in the forest on my estate. I love hunting! Being able to sleep near my hunting ground and wake up early for the hunt is one of the few pleasure I have. We found the perfect place. I hired some worker to build the cottage. They start to dig for the foundation when they found something odd. Digging a bit farther allowed us to conclude it was a door, buried in the ground.

But here comes my problems. First, we found no way to open that door. Second, we found some scripture on the door in a language that even a local scholar couldn't read. Last, my workers are scared by that discovery. They think this is some kind of tomb and that would be the source of the haunting. I haven't seen a single undead in a year and I've been hunting more than once in that forest, I even spent a few nights.

So here what I want. I need someone to translate the scripture, and if possible, open that door and take a look inside that place, make sure the things is clear and then we can start again the construction of my cottage. That's why I need an erudite and a few swords. How does it sounds to you."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Well, I can tell you this. A ritual that allows its user to read languages is one of the more basic ones. Was your scholar well versed in the art of casting rituals? If so I suspect that what you have found is likely no language at all. More likely it would be a code, for that, rituals are hopeless.

Now my good man, a question for you. How much is this information worth to you?

twilsemail

First Post
Pis leans closer to Priam and whispers:

[sblock=Priam]If you are going to negotiate price, make sure you leave some room for change after. If we enter an empty tomb, we make out like bandits for one hundred gold. One hundred gold for a cavern full of horrors… that might be a bit more of an issue. We do not yet know what we are stepping into, neh?[/sblock]

Pis’ smile as he’s talking seems to say that he’d much prefer the latter situation to the former.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"He is a scholar, nothing more. He is no wizard, nor marked by the dragonmark of House Sivis. He is the tutor of my kids and know many language. I had it by my hand, but he was clueless for that tongue." explains Jasper. "And I don't want to hire house Sivis to translate that scripture, than hire some of House Orien to make some ritual to open that door and then hire some Flamist because we found some zombie or I don't know what in that place... I want a team of competent and versatile people who can do all the things in the same day. I just want to get rid of that burden and start as soon as possible the construction of my cottage."

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai looks openly intrigued by the possibilities that such a location could hold. She has nothing to add to Priam's suggestion of ritual to read the language, but begins turning over what could open the door. I presume they've already tried brute force, she thought.

"Maybe it's some sort of secret passage to somewhere?" she offered. "I've heard people like that sort of thing in castles and keeps."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads