TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Most certainly. From a minor metagame perspective, Rinaldo and Ashnar are a bit behind everyone else because KO2 has been going slow and Velmont has been happy to play out some RP long, which I didn't mind because I knew KO2 was behind him anyway, so what that means is that I suggest you interact with each other if you have anything interesting to do before scrying on those two, since their may be a delay)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, I managed to make good progress in both the others--so never mind!)

*As they are talking, there is a knock on the door.*

"Elayna. Are you decent?"

"Sure, come in Rayne. We were just talking about something that concerns you."

"We?" Rayne opens the door and enters, her half-elven features more-or-less unchanged by the passing of the years, "Oh, I see the gang is all here. Did you get the owl courier from Rinaldo?"

"Oh, no. You know I never read those things. They're never important."

"I just checked mine this morning. He wanted us to meet him at his first store in Orussus this morning. I have a lecture, so I was going to tell him no, but I was wondering if you were going. I guess not?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well met Rayne, I am Tenebrynn Glimmersight. We may have met, though currently I appear to be suffering from symptoms similar to amnesia. We were just talking about contacting Rinaldo. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to bring him here. Laynie, do you have any more of the spells you used with Vanitri?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Urk, I just realised I have a colour conflict between Rayne and Kiara. Well, Rayne had cyan for longer, so she gets to keep it. Kiara will be skyblue now)

*As Tenebrynn does not remember meeting her before, Rayne Liore (who he does recognise from that earlier successful Knowledge Arcana check) is a half-elven woman who appears in her late twenties or early thirties by human standards with medium-length bluish hair, at the moment kept in a neat twist with two small rod/pin things inserted to keep it that way. With an air of authority, a kindly expression, and a look of deep wisdom, only the lack of apparent age keeps her from being the quintessential image of the female professor.*

"Amnesia? Do you think that could be why Rinaldo wanted to talk to everyone?"

"Probably. You and I are fine. I think it is because we weren't exposed to the Crux's chronomantic radiation."

"What about Elektra?"

"Oddly, Vanitri says she's fine, though he is affected."

"Oh, sorry, Tenebrynn--that sort of spell is the same order as Sending. I prepared one because Transmutation is my specialty, and when you have one Teleport, well, a second only makes sense. So I just had two so I could have a bunch of Sendings for you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I know the spell, but I hadn't prepared it today--I wasn't expecting a need to travel. Can't use Teleport...so the amnesia has affected your ability to use magic as well? That sounds...quite unpleasant. I know I can't understand how it feels for you, but it must be awful. If I can help, let me know--though I do have a lecture in an hour, so I'll have to leave and come back," Rayne apologises.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you Ms. Rayne. Well at the very least I've still got more scrys and messages prepared. So we can contact Rinaldo and arrange things for tomorrow."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, if you need me to prepare Teleports for tomorrow."

"Eh, it should be okay. If Rinaldo rounds up the 'Paragon of Flame', that's pretty much everyone right there. The trouble is the range on Teleport. Hmmm...Well, I can just prepare four because I won't need any Sendings."

(OOC: I actually forget if Orussus is more than one Teleport distance from Medibaria on the correctly-sized map. Laynie made it to Vanitri because Vanitri was already partway there)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Rayne, it's good to see you again. It's probably been longer for you than for me however."

"If we wait for Lex, or find a way to get her here, she can take care of one leg of the trip." I'd hope at least someone could send her a message and let he know I'm here."

"But, if you ladies don't mind, I'd like to have a word alone with Tenebrynn if I may."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, no. I've seen you just as recently as you saw me--but I guess that's the amnesia problem," Rayne comments.

"A word alone? But Vanitri, why wouldn't you want to share with the rest of us?"

"I would like to stay with my husband. I want to be at his side to lend him whatever strength I have...Tenebrynn, my love, I want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what happens."

Remove ads