"Teenage Hot-Rod Werewolves From Mars" Web Support? (and Setting Questions)

Howdy!

I may be blind, but I can't find any of the web support for "Teenage Hot-Rod..." on the site. EN World Gamer #2 mentions details for Summerville and a recommended viewing list. Are these available?

And if author Corey Reid is around, I have some questions for him regarding his vision of the setting. (I'm not trying to nitpick on a delightful little game--on the contrary, I'm trying to find the intended logistics for a starting campaign.)

) The article doesn't really detail how the Townsfolk interact with the monsters in their midst. Are the inhabitants of Summerville aware of the existence of Teenage Monsters and other assorted horrors? Do they begrudgingly accept their presence, or do the residents as a whole maintain willful ignorance, like the whole Buffyverse "if I don't notice the monsters, they won't notice me" variety?

) There is a surprising lack of Teenage Mummies...especially since one is pictured on the cover! ;)

Oh, this is my bad. We have it, and I've handed it off to Russ to upload to the site. I was actually surprised that issue 2 was out already. I thought it'd be early January.

I'll ask the author if he'd be interested in writing up a Teenage Mummy class. As for the townsfolk, it's my understanding that since the game is inspired by 50s movies and TV, the townsfolk would likely be blissfully ignorant of what dangers lurk in their midst.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
RangerWickett said:
I'll ask the author if he'd be interested in writing up a Teenage Mummy class.
He is, kind of. Assuming he finds the time. Teenage Mummy was considered but was dropped in favour of Teenage Swamp Thing for reasons that probably seemed really good at the time.
RangerWickett said:
As for the townsfolk, it's my understanding that since the game is inspired by 50s movies and TV, the townsfolk would likely be blissfully ignorant of what dangers lurk in their midst.
And presumably remain so, no matter how many times horrible destruction threatens their quiet existence. I'm not sure THRWFM! supports long-term campaigns very well -- but it worked on Buffy (what IS the plural of "apocalypse"?) so there's no reason why it wouldn't work here. You could just try to arrange things so that very little evidence ever gets left behind, and the townsfolk tend to dismiss the kids' stories as "crazy juvenile delinquent" talk, OR you could go the other way and have the town start taking practical measures against the constant mayhem descending upon them.

Hope you like the Summerville material! There is a map -- RW, can ENWorld post that as well? And I did up stats for a couple of monsters that I can't remember if they got into the magazine or not.

Oh, yeah, I forgot the map. Lemme see if I have it.

Attachments

• Summerville.jpg
    Summerville.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 110

Verequus

First Post
Barsoomcore, if you are the author, could you please clarify some points?

1. From the monsters there are at least Big Bugs and Oozes from Beyound mentioned, but the stats are missing. Martians and Brains in Vats are included.

2. Teenage Frankenstein: Is the type still Humanoid or actually Construct?

3. Teenage Swamp Monster: Does really no one notice someone weird looking like the drawing suggests? Also there is no mentioning, what changes to the appearance is the usual "norm".

4. Teenage Vampire: Is the type still Humanoid or actually Undead? Sunlight Vulnerability: Protect sunglasses even against the taking of a single action per round? Should I imagine this as becoming slower in everything? Have they to drink blood before they have the tenth level? At tenth level?

5. Teenage Werewolf: Are they still penalized, if they run out of the duration, but are at least fifth level? Is my assuming correct, that they gain the tail as first as the availability of Total Wolf Out? What happens with their clothes at such a transformation?

6. What happens, if the players show they monstrous abilities to the townfolk?

7. Do the teenagers, ehm, players know at the beginning, that their companions are monsters?

8. Who are the mentioned persons like Mary Lou?

9. I've taken the freedom to convert the .doc into a .pdf, which is attached. Should I change some option? Maybe I could integrate the missing monsters and the answers, too.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Summerville.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 139

Remove ads