Teleportation and prone

Trainz

Explorer
This has come up more than once in our games.

If an eladrin is prone and then teleports, can he arrive at his destination standing up? Or MUST he be prone and then spend another move action to get up?

vic20

Fool
There's nothing in the Teleport rules that speaks to removing conditions. If you were prone, poisoned, or blinded, you'll still be suffering after teleporting.

Narcetus

First Post
Well, in my game our usually by the book DM lets my feylock auto stand from prone during a teleport. For game world verisimilitude, it seems awfully minor to rotate one's self 90 degrees when defying the laws of reality with almost every round teleports. I do focus on all that with my feats, power choices, and items.

I know it is not RAW, but it seems to make sense for my character. Perhaps I wouldnt expect that from a character that rarely does such things.

fuzzlewump

First Post
I feel like a feat would be a good idea for this concept

Teleportation Initiate - Heroic Tier Feat
"After the first 100 times, the nausea starts to fade. After 500, you start to learn a few tricks."
When you spend an action to teleport, you can stand up from prone as part of the same action. In addition, once per encounter, you can double the distance of any teleportation you spend an action to make.

Teleportation Adept - Paragon Tier Fiet(Prerequisites: Teleportation Initiate feat, any power with the Teleportation Keyword)
When knocked prone, pushed, or pulled, you can teleport 1 square as an immediate reaction. This reaction must take place after the entire distance of the push or pull is resolved. In addition, add 1 square to the distance of any teleportation you spend an action to make.

Probably pretty weak, but that was fun anyway.

Rothe_

First Post
I agree with the feat solution. Don't add benefits to teleporting without requiring something in return. Teleportation is powerful enough without using it to remove conditions.

Zustiur

Explorer
My DM has ruled (and I agree) that the Eladrin cannot fey step when he's prone. You must be standing in order to walk through the fey realm. I imagine the same would apply to our warlock's shadow walk, but it hasn't come up.

Infiniti2000

First Post
The artificial limitation based on flavor text is really a poor choice. It certainly violates the RAW as quoted in the thread on prone and movement.

For those who allow standing up as part of teleporting, you should also allow it for shifting powers.

Corwin

Explorer
Here's a gimmick:

Just be sure you are wearing any one of the number of magic items that states you always land on your feet after a fall (like Catstep Boots, or example). Then, when teleporting, just make sure to specify you want to be 5 feet above your desired destination...

BAM! Your on your feet for free.

;)

Remove ads