D&D 5E Tell me why your favorite MtG setting would be great in D&D [+]

Stormonu

Legend
Kaldheim. Norse settings have always been my favorite. I think Sagas could introduce some interesting developments, as a sort of momentum-like bonus (the more you follow the Sagas outline, the better bonuses you get to complete related actions).

mcmillan

Adventurer
Not sure if I'd call Tarkir my favorite since it came out while I had lapsed being involved with magic, but I'd be really interested to see them do something with it.

First, Tarkir is inspired by cultures that tend to be less represented among fantasy settings.

Second, the canonical alternative history could be used in some useful ways. An example adventure that was focused on that branch and potentially altering it could be written in a way to explicitly encourage different approaches to finding a solution to obstacles. It could also be useful for providing advice on how groups could use published settings but not feel bound to sticking with official canon and instead be flexible in making it their own

Haplo781

Legend
Not sure if I'd call Tarkir my favorite since it came out while I had lapsed being involved with magic, but I'd be really interested to see them do something with it.

First, Tarkir is inspired by cultures that tend to be less represented among fantasy settings.

Second, the canonical alternative history could be used in some useful ways. An example adventure that was focused on that branch and potentially altering it could be written in a way to explicitly encourage different approaches to finding a solution to obstacles. It could also be useful for providing advice on how groups could use published settings but not feel bound to sticking with official canon and instead be flexible in making it their own
Can you tell me more about the alternate history?

mcmillan

Adventurer
Can you tell me more about the alternate history?
As I said, I'm not too up on the lore details, but basic idea is the original timeline had extinct dragons, with 5 rival clans. A planeswalker traveled in team to ensure the dragons survived, which led to them defeating the khans, and in the present day Tarkir is ruled by 5 elder dragons

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As I said, I'm not too up on the lore details, but basic idea is the original timeline had extinct dragons, with 5 rival clans. A planeswalker traveled in team to ensure the dragons survived, which led to them defeating the khans, and in the present day Tarkir is ruled by 5 elder dragons
I’d do Tarkir but set it just before Khanfall allowing the Khans to survive and actually fight back against the dragons (and their allies). The biggest attraction is having the five clans and ‘central asian’ world to play in, with dragons.

Eldraine is my other pick, Knights and Castle romance, alongside fairytales and realms play

Haplo781

Legend
I’d do Tarkir but set it just before Khanfall allowing the Khans to survive and actually fight back against the dragons (and their allies). The biggest attraction is having the five clans and ‘central asian’ world to play in, with dragons.

Eldraine is my other pick, Knights and Castle romance, alongside fairytales and realms play
Eldraine is an amazing setting and I think/hope we'll see a book for it to coincide with the new MtG set next year.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases