Temp. Ability Increases = Permanent Character Increases?

IceBear

Explorer
BTW - I found this thread on Monte's forums.

http://pub58.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm13.showMessage?topicID=3413.topic

Sounds like the answer is in the PHB (which I don't have handy)

BTW - it sounds to me that if your DM would ALLOW you to get the extra skillpoints, she's not being stingy :)

Edit - Found a quote:

Your character's Intelligence modifier affects the number of skill points he or she gets at each level ... Likewise, wearing a headband of intellect for a short time doesn't grant him or her extra skill points. Only a change in Intelligence that was constant (or very nearly constant) over the previous level affects how many skill points were acquired during that level.

-- Players Handbook, page 145

IceBear

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Marius said:
My DM doesn't overlook the spirit, but is incredibly stingy when it comes to allowing things that most others will. She picks my levels on my multiclass character, IE, if she feels I was more of a fighter, then I get a level in fighter, etc. Also very controlling when it comes to gold, magic, etc etc. Not a problem, but I won't hope to sneak something by her. If she senses Im trying to get cute with the rules, she automatically says "No", and expects me to budge her, not the other way around.

Ok, I just gotta ask...exactly how tight is her leather outfit...and does it have whip for a kitty tail? ;)

Marius

First Post
IceBear said:
Did that quote help Marius?

IceBear

Absolutely, thanks for the research. I guess I could have looked in the PHB, but I find its more inflammatory to post about something before looking.

IceBear

Explorer
Marius said:

Absolutely, thanks for the research. I guess I could have looked in the PHB, but I find its more inflammatory to post about something before looking.

You forgot the smilie at the end of that sentance :D

IceBear

Marius

First Post
kreynolds said:

I think you misunderstood my post, Mr. Whipped. :D

Nah, I was just giving you flack. She's a hardass, but hey, being a DM is a thankless job, other than screwing with your PCs. "Mr Whipped"? ;)

How presumptious.

Remove ads