Temp. Ability Increases = Permanent Character Increases?

Marius

First Post
Dr. Zoom said:
Getting back to your original question, the answer is no, you would not get a bunch of extra skill points because of the potion. And your hit points adjust to whatever your current Con score is, and it is retroactive back to first level, unlike an Int increase or decrease.

Right. Quite a tangent though.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ok, so now I've got a question:

If a 5th level Wizard cast an Extended Fox's Cunning on himself 2x per day EVERY DAY (for a total of 20 hours each day) until he made 6th level, would you let him gain extra skill points from the added Intelligence?

I'm not seriously suggesting that I would do this (mainly because I'd want to use those 3rd level slots for something more useful) but I was wondering if that would meet the requirements necessary to gain the skill points.

Artoomis

First Post
Rel said:
Ok, so now I've got a question:

If a 5th level Wizard cast an Extended Fox's Cunning on himself 2x per day EVERY DAY (for a total of 20 hours each day) until he made 6th level, would you let him gain extra skill points from the added Intelligence?

I'm not seriously suggesting that I would do this (mainly because I'd want to use those 3rd level slots for something more useful) but I was wondering if that would meet the requirements necessary to gain the skill points.

I suppose it would met the intent, and perhaps even the letter of the skill point rules.

But I wouldn't allow it - of course I'd follow the rules I posted above as making more sense anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads