Terminator Dark Fate Review (no spoilers)

Zardnaar

Legend
I think that's a terrible shame. This one is way better than the last three. If they'd just made this one, and not them, the Terminator franchise would be just fine. As it is it's gonna die because the las three are stopping people from seeing this one.

Probably the last two. T3 did alright box office wise, had better plot, better twist, and more original. Looks better as well due to practical effects.

This one might stop anyone seeing more.

The TV show is the highlight of the franchise after T2 looking at the overall scores.

Zardnaar

Legend
It was more in the acting of the pursued. They didn't stop fleeing, and they knew they couldn't. They remained desperate, the whole time, knowing that whatever they did all they were doing was buying a slight delay before he caught up again. They portrayed that hopelessness well.

I think they over did it though.

In the 1st 3 the Terminators take damage or in the T-1000 case starts to lose control of it's shape changing, Terminatrix onboard weapon is damaged.

There's no nuance to the Rev9. The actor doesn't have the physique and they didn't use the quiet menace approach in T2. For example the way the T-1000 tilts his head when he impales someone. Even the Terminatrix was subtle and she was more a high tech infiltrator model.

Its the Michael Bey approach I suppose.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think they over did it though.

In the 1st 3 the Terminators take damage or in the T-1000 case starts to lose control of it's shape changing, Terminatrix onboard weapon is damaged.

There's no nuance to the Rev9. The actor doesn't have the physique and they didn't use the quiet menace approach in T2. For example the way the T-1000 tilts his head when he impales someone. Even the Terminatrix was subtle and she was more a high tech infiltrator model.

Its the Michael Bey approach I suppose.
I get it. You didn’t like it.

Zardnaar

Legend
I get it. You didn’t like it.

It was enjoyable in a dumb sort of way.

Rehash and some misses here and there with some very bad decisions made like killing John Connor. That right there is a big one IMHO. Why would you expect people to go to a Terminator film to see him get killed is beyond me. Tim Miller gave an explaination that was silly.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It was enjoyable in a dumb sort of way.

Rehash and some misses here and there with some very bad decisions made like killing John Connor. That right there is a big one IMHO.
You've called it stupid, criticised one of the lead actors' physiques, misspelled Michael Bay's name twice, said this one will stop people watching any more, said it made some very bad decisions, said the CGI was bad, said you should have gotten drunk first, that Dani was completely miscast, that she's not a convincing actor, that she lacks screen presence, that the Rev9 isn't interesting, or scary. Did I miss anything? Or is there more to come? ;)

Zardnaar

Legend

I got it thought I would reply anyway.

I'll rephrase. If some pitched a Terminator movie at you where they killed John Connor would you invest in it?

ENworld publishing is worth something would you use that value to invest in that movie using your own money?

Or would you keep doing what you're doing or buy a new house or something?

Assume you're not an orange headed stable genius from the US.

Remove ads