That thread about cars

I have researched them well and actually talked to a salesman a few years back…but fiscal responsibility got the better of me (my car was still new!).

Maybe one day!
Hope it works out for you when the time is right :)
Crazy now that the FK8s are worth more now used than when new. But the car market overall is crazy!

I had a '92 Prelude that I sold in ~'01 and was looking for a project car back in '16 or so and was going to go with a 'lude until the articles on the CTR came out. Got excited as I needed a daily and wanted to get n the track too and could do both with that car. I too had to wait a few years my job wasn't very stable and finally got a Type R new in May 2020. Have about 16k miles and 20 track days on it :) All smiles.

But game respect game, and the VW GTI is one of the greatest hot hatches.
Yep. But after Emissions Gate I just don't trust the company. Having worked in engineering and often been involved in cultural change initiatives, I know what it took for that to happen, and I know what it takes to change the culture. I don't trust that the engineering culture has changed to something I can respect, yet.
Generally, I like the Japanese cars for wrenching and mods. More forgiving than the Germans.
Yea, this is the first car I'm getting into mods with. Interesting sub-culture.
All that said, I still have a soft spot for Pure American Muscle.
No doubt, me too. Even still they are the poster children for fast cars, even when they are not :)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Yea, this is the first car I'm getting into mods with. Interesting sub-culture.

Congratulations! You will now have an answer to the question, "What is more expensive than a WH40k addiction, and more time-consuming than deciding to remodel your entire house yourself?"

On the plus side, it could be worse. I have a friend who is really into boats. Not only do I get to make fun of him, but I get to enjoy the fruit of his labors.

No doubt, me too. Even still they are the poster children for fast cars, even when they are not :)

The classics are just that ... so amazing.

classic-pontiac-muscle-cars-catalina-2+2.jpg

If I ever got to have a project classic car to really get going on, it would be this ('65 Catalina 2+2) or something similar. As it is, I am currently on an Audi TT (Mk1) with and for a young relative.

Ryujin

Legend
Congratulations! You will now have an answer to the question, "What is more expensive than a WH40k addiction, and more time-consuming than deciding to remodel your entire house yourself?"

On the plus side, it could be worse. I have a friend who is really into boats. Not only do I get to make fun of him, but I get to enjoy the fruit of his labors.
My last motorcycle was a 650cc twin, that cost me about C$8,500. I put $4,500 worth of suspension mods on it without ever touching the engine, or exhaust. Power means nothing, if you can't get it to the ground ;)

Ryujin

Legend
I should also note that there is a way to burn through money faster than WH40K, car modding, or boats. It's racing. I've seen more than a few motorcycle racers burn through a second mortgage in a season, then never come back to the track again. I'd hate to think what racing cars would cost.

Remove ads