D&D 5E The 4 premier sets of Magic the Gathering 2022 are announced, speculation whether they will crossover with D&D

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
You know what...I could see any of these three, easily. Kamigawa could offer a very different genre experience, and expand cultural representation, a win-win. New Cappena seems a little too much like Ravnica and Eberron had a bad y to be really new, but I could see it.

Now...Dominaria. getting two whole card sets, one diving into the deep lore of the past if the Setting? On one hand, yes, it's another generic fantasy, but one they can use as a bit if a fresh slate, and it has millions of fans. That last part was enough fir Exandria to get a book. Particularly if the two Classic Settings are weird*Planescape and Dark Sun), I could see Dominaria making a lot of sens even with the existing free rules and older art book.

Yep, they all make sense to me as candidates.

I'll add, Dominaria makes a lot of sense if you wanted to include stronghold, mass combat rules. That place has a ton of wars.

New Capenna too limited? It is like saying Gotham City is too small for Batman's adventures. How many cities have been visited by the main character of "The Dresden Files"?. It is perfect for different types of videogames, and for novels of urban fantasy. It is the setting for the Game-Masters who want to play World of Darkness when the rest of the players want only D&D.

OH MY GOD! Haven't you noticed? New Capenna is noir-punk. This means the perfect place for a crossover with mash-up version of superheroes. Marvel and DC could risk with serie B characters. And we can't forget characters from manga as "guests" in Kamiwaga: Neon Dinasty.

Weiley31

Legend
I totally would want New Capenna as a crossover setting book. Aside from the fact that Mercer's Darrington Press's first original TTRPG IP is basically "Magic and Mobsters," it's still a pretty banger of an idea and would fit well for DND by going the New Capenna route. If I still can't have Throne of Eldraine, Neon Kamigawa would be cool too but we DO have Carbon 2185 for 5E Cyberpunk, which isn't too bad as long as your not gonna be hardcore if it does Cyberpunk "justice" or you compare it to....well Cyberpunk Red itself. Dominaria is technically out since we already have a Plane Shift PDF article for 5E.

Although, I guess it would be a heck of a way to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of MtG by coming out with a crossover setting book. Especially since by then we'll have 4 MtG crossover setting books uniting the two IPs. But I doubt it because its probably too much of a crazy idea or even something they aren't considering.

Last edited:

It could Unfinity the Unset next year, is there any rule it can't be an Unset?

Seriously though my guess is none, they are already working on 6 settings right now. Strixhaven, 2 Classic Settings, a Revisited Setting, and 2 new settings is a very full docket.

Long shot is Dominaria because it's coming out at the end of the year, so maybe there will be space by then,but it's more likely to actually be released in 2023 if they do,maybe up to 4 to 6 months after Brothers War is released.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
More art btw;

1629842208029.png

1629842276984.png

1629842327948.png

1629842388226.png

1629842485086.png

1629842520742.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads