• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Antigrol Tide (IC)

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Mad looks nervously to the captive, but decides to bow to his more martial companions' opinion. He busies himself getting the others on board and preparing for as hasty a departure as he can.

[sblock=OOC]I made an assumption based on dialogue color that we had Mistress Wendette. I'm guessing Eloise is with her? Were there any others we were planning to take with, or should we get the heck out of Dodge?[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
Catching Magyar’s look and Malachi’s comments, Colmarr says brusquely, “Well get on with it if you want to talk to the fellow, otherwise put him back on his barge … either way though lets get moving.”

Once the new arrivals are onboard and he’s happy there’s no-one watching or chasing the ship, he greets the newcomers, “Welcome aboard folks, I’m Colmarr, follow me and I’ll see what we can do about settling you in while the boys get us underway.”

Grondar

You are coming with me below deck you old donkey.
Grondar unties the man and take him below deck.

He will tie his hands around the pillar of the sail that runs through the lower deck. He'll tie his legs to a chair, so the old man will be able to sit. Then he will take a piece of wet rug and put it in the man's mouth. Finaly he'll put an empty bucket over his head.
If the old man will try a sneaky trick, Grondar will knee him in the gut.

We'll see how innocent you are later.
When all finished he go up and help his companions.

Mallak

First Post
Grondar takes the old man below and ties him up. The bargeman whimpers pitifully but makes no further effort to resist.

The crew quickly brings Mistress Wendette and her charges aboard. Aside from the lady and her daughter, there are two men with the group. One is in his late twenties and has a splint around his right leg. He grimaces whenever he is bumped, his handsome features hardened with pain. The other is a huge young man, over six feet tall and broad as a barn. His fingers are thick as guide ropes, and he keeps himself hunched over as if trying to remain unnoticed. He is constantly tossing nervous glances at Mistress Wendette before his eyes dart back to his surroundings. It is a strange sight to see such a large man apparently on the point of darting away.

"This is Regan," the innkeeper says, indicating the man with the broken leg. "And this--"she takes the big man's hand, drawing him forward slowly"--is Fey. Say hello, Fey."

The big man looks out at the crew through greasy black locks that have fallen into his eyes. His skin is darker than the others in the group. His head is large and shaped not unlike a pumpkin. His face is broad and his nose is flat and crooked from old breaks. When he smiles shyly at the crew he reveals huge dark teeth in a wide, thick-lipped mouth. He speaks in a low, gravely, oddly echoing voice. "Hel-lo."

Directing them away from the tarp-wrapped body brought on board, Colmarr settles the newcomers in the rear cabins. He avoids the captain's cabin for the moment. After the others are settled, Mistress Wendette takes him aside.
"Do you have Ben's body aboard? I would so like to say goodbye."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Having had a look at the crew, Malachi realizes he has duties as ship's doctor to fulfill. "Thank you, Grondar. I suppose I have more important things to do right now before interrogating that old man--he'll probably be safer down there anyways than if we let his employers have at him."

Malachi spends as long as necessary to ensure the health of the crew, then Wendette's friends if he can help them. To his patients: "Just stay calm and hold still--this may sting, but you can trust me that it'll help you. Most Blessed Healer Adonai, physician of souls and of bodies, Who heals and guides all children, heal also this child from the bodily infirmity that holds him, and make him live through your grace. Make him a strong soldier of your cause, and help him to free the people we seek."

ooc: I'll use cure lights, cure minors, heal checks--whatever, just tell me how much is used. I'm hoping the last sentence in the prayer will help us in the possible upcoming confrontation, but I'll probably use a Bless when the time comes anyways.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Troth finishes his work with the ropes when he realizes his shirt and turbant is stained in blood, he hears Malachis familiar voice and walks over to him 'Hey Malachi, good seeing you again' 'i need some fixing i feel quite bad and weak' Troth sitts down on the deck and tries to get to his energy back.

Last edited:

Grondar

Grondar stares in awe at Malachi, he is quite amazed with the magic that the priest channels. It is rare to see divine magic and magic at all. Every time he sees one he is mostly impressed.
The spells take him to the past, when he was a teenager, a porter on the docks, carrying crates and barrels to his gnome boss. The gnome knew several magical tricks, he tried to teach him one or two but Grondar always failed, finding swords and fists to be more effective.

Grondar snaps back to reality.
Yeah ... we'll question him later ... hmmm, can you treat me as well Malachi?

unleashed

First Post
Mallak said:
Grondar takes the old man below and ties him up. The bargeman whimpers pitifully but makes no further effort to resist.

The crew quickly brings Mistress Wendette and her charges aboard. Aside from the lady and her daughter, there are two men with the group. One is in his late twenties and has a splint around his right leg. He grimaces whenever he is bumped, his handsome features hardened with pain. The other is a huge young man, over six feet tall and broad as a barn. His fingers are thick as guide ropes, and he keeps himself hunched over as if trying to remain unnoticed. He is constantly tossing nervous glances at Mistress Wendette before his eyes dart back to his surroundings. It is a strange sight to see such a large man apparently on the point of darting away.

"This is Regan," the innkeeper says, indicating the man with the broken leg. "And this--"she takes the big man's hand, drawing him forward slowly"--is Fey. Say hello, Fey."

The big man looks out at the crew through greasy black locks that have fallen into his eyes. His skin is darker than the others in the group. His head is large and shaped not unlike a pumpkin. His face is broad and his nose is flat and crooked from old breaks. When he smiles shyly at the crew he reveals huge dark teeth in a wide, thick-lipped mouth. He speaks in a low, gravely, oddly echoing voice. "Hel-lo."

Directing them away from the tarp-wrapped body brought on board, Colmarr settles the newcomers in the rear cabins. He avoids the captain's cabin for the moment.
With a broad smile Colmarr leads them downstairs where they can settle in, questions burning in his mind as to what race the big man might be and where he’s from. Knowing expediency is more important for the moment though, he leave them unvoiced as he sees to their immediate needs below.

Mallak said:
After the others are settled, Mistress Wendette takes him aside.
Mallak said:
"Do you have Ben's body aboard? I would so like to say goodbye."
“Indeed ma’am, we brought him aboard not long before you arrived, so he’s still on deck, I’ll take you to him,” Colmarr says, leading Mistress Wendette back upstairs and across to where the tarp-wrapped body rests.

Mallak

First Post
Malachi moves among the crew tending wounds. Where he passes, cuts heal, bruises vanish, and bones knit themselves together leaving only hunger and thirst in their wake. At first, Regan refuses the strange man's miraculous powers, but he quickly gives in, gritting his teeth against the pain in his leg. When his pain subsides he looks slightly suspicious, but Malachi's soothing words have a mollifying effect, and he soon looks more curious than anything. Nearby, Fey claps his large hands and gives a hearty belly laugh of joy as those around him are healed of their wounds.
[sblock=OOC]Jdvn1, it will take the energy of 5 cure lights to bring Magyar, Grondar, and Troth close to full. 5 more cure minors will remove the remaining bumps and bruises of Magyar, Grondar, and Denther. To cure Regan's broken leg will take the energy of 1 cure light.[/sblock]
Colmarr leads Mistress Wendette to the canvas-wrapped body. She kneels down and slowly peels it aside, gasping at the grisly remains underneath. She holds her breath, her face a mask of fear as she strips away the rest of the covering, staring at the corpse revealed. Her eyes flick up and down the corpse for a long time, as if searching for something, and her breath begins to quicken.

"This is not the captain's body," she says quietly. She repeats with more force, "This is not Ben's body. See, there, Ben did not have a club foot. And...he was broader in the shoulders. He...he had thicker fingers, larger hands. This is not Ben's body." She remains motionless on her knees, staring.
[sblock=OOC]Various descriptions of the burned body here, here, and here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Mallak said:
Colmarr leads Mistress Wendette to the canvas-wrapped body. She kneels down and slowly peels it aside, gasping at the grisly remains underneath. She holds her breath, her face a mask of fear as she strips away the rest of the covering, staring at the corpse revealed. Her eyes flick up and down the corpse for a long time, as if searching for something, and her breath begins to quicken.

"This is not the captain's body," she says quietly. She repeats with more force, "This is not Ben's body. See, there, Ben did not have a club foot. And...he was broader in the shoulders. He...he had thicker fingers, larger hands. This is not Ben's body." She remains motionless on her knees, staring.

Mag, in the middle of trying to get the ship moving in the direction Malachi suggested, stops at Mistress Wendette's declaration. He moves over, though still keeps his distance from the charred corpse; the smell still affects him.

"The mortician said that fire fuses bones," the young man offers meekly. "Couldn't it also have burned away some of his thickness in the shoulders and hands?"

Remove ads