The Bad Batch - SPOILERS

Dire Bare

Legend
I noticed that the Clones seemed to have quite a visceral reaction to the concept of slavery, are the clones temselves slaves?
Clones don't consider themselves slaves, they are soldiers dedicated to the Republic. Of course, they ARE slaves, of a sort. So, when clones encounter more traditional slavery, they don't necessarily consciously identify, but it's not hard to start drawing parallels.

Omega is also a clone bred for service, a slave. However, she's young, naïve, and led a privileged and isolated life, despite not having much agency in it until escaping with the Bad Batchers.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Two more familiar faces this episode. And clearly Wrecker's chip is getting repaired by "concussive maintenance."

I wonder if the hologram at the end is Ahsoka? It could set up a "Wrecker sees a Jedi" moment, as well as a way for the Bad Batch to remove their chips as was done for Rex. This could lead into an arc to rescue Crosshair, as others have suggested.

shawnhcorey

wizard
I have thought about it for a while and decided that the mysterious figure could not be Obi-wan, Ahsoka, or Rex. Why would they want information on how the clones operate? They already know that. They have fought beside them for years. And if they wanted a information from a tactical droid, they would have gone after it themselves.

A rebel like Saw Gerrera might be interested in it but why wouldn't he lead the mission himself?

On the other hand, someone like Bail Organa would not try to get it himself. Being a diplomat, he is used to thinking about getting others to work for him. He seems to be the most likely candidate.

MarkB

Legend
I have thought about it for a while and decided that the mysterious figure could not be Obi-wan, Ahsoka, or Rex. Why would they want information on how the clones operate? They already know that. They have fought beside them for years. And if they wanted a information from a tactical droid, they would have gone after it themselves.

A rebel like Saw Gerrera might be interested in it but why wouldn't he lead the mission himself?

On the other hand, someone like Bail Organa would not try to get it himself. Being a diplomat, he is used to thinking about getting others to work for him. He seems to be the most likely candidate.
Regardless of who it was, they can't be everywhere. Any of them might delegate this task if they have a higher priority elsewhere.

As for why they want the tactical droid data, maybe they suspect that the Clone Wars were orchestrated from both sides, and are hoping to find evidence of that coordination in the droid's archives.

hopeless

Adventurer
It didn't sound like they needed a specific tactical droid, just access to one so that would suggest at least a passing familiarity with the Separatists and their droids.
Perhaps access codes to Separatist facilities as the Empire might not have secured all of them quite yet?

Is the Tarkin book still canon and not Legend?
I recall at the start what I assumed were rebel forces employed Separatist warships in an attack I think they were more fighter carriers but its been a while since I read about even that part of that book...

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I thought they said they wanted the tactical droid's insights on fighting clones and clone trooper tactics, since almost all the other clones are working for the Empire.

Remove ads