The Bad Batch - SPOILERS

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm starting to be able to notice the difference in accents as more New Zealanders get into acting using their natural accents. There was a time I confused it with Australian.

I saw the name Ang and thought that doesn't match the look or sound of the character.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm starting to be able to notice the difference in accents as more New Zealanders get into acting using their natural accents. There was a time I confused it with Australian.

I saw the name Ang and thought that doesn't match the look or sound of the character.

Often gets mistaken for British. Probably easier for us as we grew up with Aussie/British/US/local TV shows.

Omegas actor has also been on TV shows here. One of the greatest ones even she's good.

pukunui

Legend
I actually think Michelle sounds Australian as Omega. Maybe she’s trying to sound more like Dee Bradley Baker, whose clone accent is more Australian than Kiwi.

I’m not surprised Baker couldn’t pull off a Kiwi accent since he’s American, but Michelle must be changing her accent on purpose.

Zardnaar

Legend
I actually think Michelle sounds Australian as Omega. Maybe she’s trying to sound more like Dee Bradley Baker, whose clone accent is more Australian than Kiwi.

I’m not surprised Baker couldn’t pull off a Kiwi accent since he’s American, but Michelle must be changing her accent on purpose.

Who knows just doesn't quite fit. Not a deal breaker or anything.

I think it's okay to post spoilers for the latest episode now, but just in case:
They are setting up Omega's superpower as strategic genius. The Star Wars universe already has one character with this power: Thrawn. It might be foreshadowing here future role that we see her sitting across a Dejarik board from a serious-faced blue skinned humanoid male.

Last edited:

hopeless

Adventurer
I think it's okay to post spoilers for the latest episode now, but just in case:
They are setting up Omega's superpower as strategic genius. The Star Wars universe already has one character with this power: Thrawn. It might be foreshadowing here future role that we see her sitting across a Dejarik board from a serious-faced blue skinned humanoid male.
Given the time period i suspect
she might end up facing the Vice Admiral and quite probably run rings around him until Tarkin comes in

Edit: I posted something very different initially then I remembered she would be closer to Leia's age and Omega is just a few years younger than Boba so would be too old to be her!

hopeless

Adventurer
Assuming she is around 10 in this show, she is something like 10 years older than Leia and 4 years younger than Boba.
For the record I thought she might be turned into Winter, Leia's companion from Legends, but would be 10 by 20 BBY and not born 19 BBY.
It just struck me as a possible way to integrate her character into canon beyond the Bad Batch series.
So definitely not.

Remove ads