The Batman (spoilers)

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
But I really can't stand that they brought HIM into this already crowded film ...
Word from the director is that HE's only there because the Matt Reeves likes the actor and wanted to include him somehow. Also, HE may have been somebody Batman dealt with in the two years prior to the movie. Also, not sequel bait, just a bit of world building.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thinking on this, this is the first ever Batman who is actually unnerving and scary. When he’s at a crime scene and the cops are all uneasy around him, and he’s a tall guy dressed really weirdly (and they play on the weirdness of it), it really works. When he fights, it’s not cartoon like over the top like Affleck, but it feels real and violent. He’s actually menacing.

It’s the only iteration where he really has a (non-origin story) character arc. At the start of the film he’s the same as Riddler — Riddler isn’t wrong about that. He’s broken and angry and it’s about vengeance for him. He’s no hero; he’s Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. By the end of the film he is no longer that person.

Bolares

Hero
Thinking on this, this is the first ever Batman who is actually unnerving and scary. When he’s at a crime scene and the cops are all uneasy around him, and he’s a tall guy dressed really weirdly (and they play on the weirdness of it), it really works. When he fights, it’s not cartoon like over the top like Affleck, but it feels real and violent. He’s actually menacing.

It’s the only iteration where he really has a (non-origin story) character arc. At the start of the film he’s the same as Riddler — Riddler isn’t wrong about that. He’s broken and angry and it’s about vengeance for him. He’s no hero; he’s Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. By the end of the film he is no longer that person.
All this. But also... this is the movie that shows Batman having some vulnerability. Be it when talking to catwoman an having 0 moves (he looks like an insecure kid asking the popular girl out to the dance) or being scared shitless when he thinks the riddler discovered who he was.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman

Yeah, i think my favorite moment in the film might be when he's trying to help the mayor-elect and the spouse and (the now notably fatherless) son of the former mayor get out of that flooded rubble, and they're initially too scared of him to accept his help.

i loved it! Might be the best batman and best catwoman

jeffrey wright as gordon was great.

agree with others it felt like a superhero movie crossed with saw/taxi/seven etc

im not sure it sets up for a sequel based on that 1 scene. based on graphic novels it could be setting up for other stuff. There was another villian character named that we dont see

i liked the fact he is younger/inexperienced and there are moments when you see it

Dire Bare

Legend
I'm still having trouble seeing Colin Farrell as the Penguin. I mean, I know it's him, and he gave an amazing performance . . . I just look at the character and can't see Farrell!!!

I was also really impressed with John Turturro's Falcone. Really, great performances all around!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
A decent movie, but IMHO too long. I feel that it really should have been trimmed in editing. Some of the scenes dragged way too much for me. Pattinson gave a weak performance, but I was quite impressed with Kravitz. Very good direction and good photography.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases