The Batman (spoilers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd describe this as Bladerunner (tonally) crossed with Seven crossed with Taxi Driver. Those waiting for a noir detective Batman, this is it. It’s so noir, he even talks in voiceover throughout.

It's long though.

I liked it. I don't know if I liked it as much as Dark Knight, but it was very good. It drips with atmosphere. The violence is quite visceral.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How would you grade Robert Pattinson?
He did great job. A different take on Bruce Wayne; this Batman leans into the damaged side of his character. I can see why some people might not like his more emo take, but I felt it worked well. As Batman, he's a lot more vulnerable than you might be used to -- he's more a private eye in a weird costume than a superhero.

BRayne

Adventurer
He did great job. A different take on Bruce Wayne; this Batman leans into the damaged side of his character. I can see why some people might not like his more emo take, but I felt it worked well. As Batman, he's a lot more vulnerable than you might be used to -- he's more a private eye in a weird costume than a superhero.

Though even then I feel like the ending sets him up to be a more hopeful take on Batman than we've gotten in live action for quite a while.

I loved it. So much to like. Watching Bruce after he dedicated a decade or more to learning how to take down bad guys and watching him realize “oops, I might have forgotten a few things like what Wayne brings to the table over Batman” or “I should have tested the flight suit first” or “wait I need to know Spanish?” We’re honestly some of my favorite ever Batman moments.

I don’t want to see “Batman: the god” anymore I’m getting tired of that. Show me Batman telling Jim Gordon “no guns” and Jim just brushing him off because he’s a clueless brawler in head to toe bullet proof armor, man. Show me Batman stumbling over what to say to a girl he is attracted to but not knowing how to switch off detective observation mode and sputter “you have a lot of cats”. Show me him diving into a flooded coliseum because he doesn’t know what to do but he knows he has to do something more than punch guys.

I loved this film.

Ryujin

Legend
So more back to his origins, rather than what he's become over the decades.

Remove ads