The Beale of Boregal PbP

I'd like to run the first adventure in the book, The Beale of Boregal, here on ENWorld. I'd be looking for a minimum of three and no more than five players to create beginning first tier characters. I'd like any potential players to be willing to commit to at least one post every other day, so about 3-4 posts per week. More frequent posting is fine, but I'd like to see at least 3 posts per week. If you can't commit to at least that level of frequency, please do not express interest. PbP is notoriously slow and I believe that my minimum requirement will keep the game moving steadily. I will also commit to posting at least 3 or 4 times per week myself, and will post more often if time allows and the players are posting more frequently. Of course, real-life interferes with our fun sometimes so I will understand if something comes up and you can't post. All I ask is that if at all possible, let me know if you will be away. A diverse mix of characters would be best. Feel free to come up with a character background but keep it fairly brief.

So, any interest?

joesys

First Post
Hi Toric,

I'll be interested in playing if you still have openings.
I'm interested in playing as nano though open to play as any character type

Thanks,
-Joe

I would say at this point it is looking like a no-go as I would want at least three or four players before I would commit to running the game. I thought there would be a bit more interest but perhaps the game just hasn't been out long enough.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For a quick character background (and I have many ideas in mind if this ends up not fitting with the party), I was thinking of a Tough (or Rugged) glaive who Howls At The Moon. When she transforms, really she's trading places with her identical twin from an alternate universe (neither of them really understand the process, that's just my behind-the-scenes explanation). This flesh-warping curse has been in her family for generations. She tends to focus on fighting unarmed as a way to control the beast within, and flings knives, darts, sharpened shards, and whatever else she can pick up to throw at a distance if she knows the transformation is near.

She's a wanderer, perpetually searching for some place where both her and her bestial half can be content. She expects the journey to take a lifetime, and looks it. Her name is Skasha Brae.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, well, no word on if the GM wishes to reverse his decision to end the game, but my idea is either for a Tough Jack who Fuses Flesh with Steel, or an Intelligent Nano who Uses Power With Precision.

The backstory is that the character (in either case) was a scavenger/numenera hunter who was captured by a posthuman intelligence, was modified and repurposed, then released. The entity now shares her experiences, using her as a living 'probe' of sorts. She has no idea that this is the case however. Her memories of the past prior to her capture are vague at best.

Remove ads