D&D 5E The big mechanical expansion

Eubani

Legend
Let's see.

I would like to see the following-

1. More tables.
2. References to other books that are not yet completed.
3. Even more tables.
4. Appendices; did you know that after you get to the Z appendix, you go to AA appendix? Yeah, that!
5. Tables that cross-reference other tables.
6. Words that I like. Antipathy. Chrysoprases. Libram. Dweomer. Syndicracy. Antipathy. Brazier.
7. Tables that require percentile rolls.
8. Gatekeeping for abilities and classes; you know, like, "You can have psionics if you roll 99-100 on d%," or "You can play a Warlord, Brad, if you are at least 8' tall. Not your Goliath character ... you, Brad."
9. Cooler tables, and more of them.
10. No index. Indices are for PEOPLE THAT KAN'T REED GUD.
11. A lot of crunch that I will not use, like the average tunneling distance of a Norker mine worker, expressed in cubits per fortnight. Preferably in ... a table.
12. Addition of new abilities that are thoroughly incompatible with the base rules. How about a seventh ability! That would be so ... perfect.
13. More tables than Ikea has meatballs ... or tables.

That about covers it.

You forgot the random harlot table!

Hi everyone.

A big mechanical expansion is comming relatively soon for 5th edition. What do you hope, dream, want,etc to be in it? What would you like to see expanded upon? What classes, subclasses, races, feats etc would you like to see.

UA is still in playtest, and they have problem keeping the pace of one article a week.
And even when it is going out, it will be mainly base on playtest we will have seen.
There is no big surprise coming.
I think the dev are aiming for waves of newcomers, rather than a big mechanical change or an 5.5 edition.

Last edited:

Illithidbix

Explorer
1) Fighting with pants
2) Fighting without pants.

It constantly breaks my immersion that D&D doesn't take seriously the tactical reasons for wearing a kilt and similar.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
1) Fighting with pants
2) Fighting without pants.

It constantly breaks my immersion that D&D doesn't take seriously the tactical reasons for wearing a kilt and similar.

I really think this ideas should be expanded to a full "Fashion in D&D" supplement. It's just too fundamental (and important) a topic to only get a couple pages in a less-focused book.

Last edited:

Kabouter Games

Explorer
Tables.

Wait, that's been done. Crap.

Seriously, nothing. It ain't broke. Attempting to fix it is unnecessary.

Despite all the folderol about warlords and stuff. If anyone's interested in the reasoning behind my opinion, I put it on my blog, linked below.

Regards,

Bob

www.r-p-davis.com

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
As long as we get complete rules of psionic characters and enough official Eberron content to justify opening it up on the DM's Guild, everything else is gravy.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I'd be delighted if the big book-o'-crunch happened to have psionics done up in a way that is reminiscent of 2nd edition psionics, since that would save me the time I will eventually spend to do them for myself.

I really don't have strong desires for any new this or that; my group still has years worth of new and cool to us to play with from just the PHB, elemental evil companion, SCAG, and Scarred Lands Player's Guide, so any new cool options that get put out at this point will be viewed in a "yeah, might be nice to eventually use that one day" perspective at best.

Remove ads