D&D 5E The big mechanical expansion

1) Healing or injury rules that slows things down a bit
2) Concrete and solid (but possibly optional) rules for stealth
3) Ranger UA - with a spell-less ranger variant
4) None of the warlock stuff they released in the ua. Like none of it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Some setting-specific subclasses, backgrounds, and races/racial feats would probably be the most useful thing that they haven't shown in the UA's (there are more settings that just FR and Eberron, you know).

A DM section with some Book of Vile Darkness/Exalted Deeds type stuff. 5e default handles shades of grey pretty well, but it could use some love for extra bright/extra dark campaigns.

I'd love a book with the player options, enemies, extra rules bits, and fluff to with them, for each of: Eberron, Dragonlance, Mystara, Dark Sun, and maybe Greyhawk.

A lot of it would simply be explaining giants in Eberron, or Draconians in Dragonlance, and how the setting uses them differently than the core, but you'd also have stuff like the Dragonlances, Kender, a reprint with any needed updates of the Minotaur from the waterborne adventures UA, updates of the stuff in the Eberron UA, Muls and the other races of Dark Sun, etc.

If it has to leave out Mystara and Greyhawk, I'd be fine with that, but I think you could fit all of it into a phb sized book.

Maybe we should compile a list of what (sub)races, (sub)classes, feats, variants, magic items, monsters, extra rules options (like Eberron's Action Points or DS universal minor psionics) that make the settings complete?

i_dont_meta

Explorer
In no particular order:

Ranger
Artificer
Mystic
Expanded Weapon/Armor/
Equipment List
Clarified Stealth Rules
" Perception or
Investigation Rules
Eberron
Greyhawk
Spelljammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Smart

Explorer
As the OP, I should probably answer my own question.

Classes
- some sort of warlord / noble / whatever name you want. This should be the kick off to mass combat rules.
- a psionic class of some sort - great intro to Dark Sun
- an artifacer class - good intro to Ebron

Subclasses
- an inspiring warlord (cha bases) a tactical warlord (int bases) a hector warlord (str / dex based)
- a full on psionic (int, cha or con based) a psionic warrior a psionic thief type
- a potion maker articacer a engineer type a magic item creation type

Races
- a human dog type race (we have the cats, why not the dogs)
- a system to create other animal type races (bear, elephant, spider etc)
- a template for moster races (werewolf, vampire etc)

Feats
- lots of feats to allow soft multiclassing

Backgrounds
- lots of backgrounds to expand the type of character you can play. Ex: Student of War for warlord light.

A system of special skills / manouvers to use with different weapons. ex a flail has an advantage to tripping. a maul has advantage to knock bact etc.

An tip of the hat to other classic settings, for example Grayhawk, Planescape etc.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
All I want is Modules like they promised us during the playtest.
  • Advanced tactical combat module (facing, flanking, stances, maneuvers)
  • Narrative control module (super-inspiration, scene-framing, aspects)
  • Social intrigue module (influence, factions, politics, legal systems)
  • Domain management module (build a castle/temple/guild, gain followers, piss off your neighbors)
  • Crafting magic items module (preferably three very different versions so that none becomes the de-facto standard)

raleel

Explorer
I prefer the Pie-adin

Look, there are plenty of variants on these. We need some Pielord support. Those of us who played 4e and prefer a group orient play style prefer to powers like Piemanders strike, Brash Piessault, and Provoke Piextension. We deserve some support in our crustiness!

Perhaps we can have a table to show what kind of pie they use

Remove ads