The Blood War: Part of Mordenkainen's Contents Page

Very interesting! Although I would rather have seen some of the table of contents concerning the Bestiary, this is quite intriguing as well!

Very interesting! Although I would rather have seen some of the table of contents concerning the Bestiary, this is quite intriguing as well!

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I mean yeah technically Tieflings will have more subraces then elves, but I don't think they are culturally distinct from each other and I don't know if they are biologically distinct, we do know they are magically distinct. I don't think there are say Fiernian Tiefling civilizations vs Levitusian Tiefling civilizations vs. Disian Tiefling Civilizations vs Glaysian Tiefling civilizations etc...

Though honestly that would be interesting for a new setting, or a setting played at the age of Bael Turath vs Arkhosia from 4e.

gyor

Legend
I am sad that they did not take this opportunity to expand on the modron vs slaad war.

Honestly that would have been better then the Gnome & Halfling section which just doesn't fit the books themes honestly, but between MTOF and Volo's Guide background chapters we have chapters on every PHB race except humans and Dragonborn, plus chapters for Purebloods, Hobgoblins, Goblins, Bugbears, and Orcs.

Still could have been cool to have a playable race connected to Modrons/Slaads.

gyor

Legend
Though honestly that would be interesting for a new setting, or a setting played at the age of Bael Turath vs Arkhosia from 4e.

Bael Turath is a general Tiefling civilization. I guess the layers of hell might dilibrately breed huge numbers of Cambions and Tieflings as they are great for double dipping, they fight your blood war while alive and when they die you can collect their souls for power gained from torturing them and future devils.

Shemeska is supposed to be a commenter on the book. Like Volo and Elminster were in Volo's Guide.

There is also confirmation that more Yugoloths are in the book.

At the moment, we know that the canoloth, marraenoloth, and dergholoth will be updated, at the very least. I would be very surprised if the piscoloth and yagnoloth failed to join them, along with (hopefully) more types as well...

Remove ads

Remove ads