D&D 5E The Clean Sheet

Gretkatillor,
When I started playing D&D 5th in late 2014 during my intro session I was using one of the standard sheets, I realised they didn't display everything I wanted or clearly. As a graphic designer with time constraints I went looking for sheets already done and would make do until I could make my own. One of yours iss the one I use for my ongoing character, 16 months and counting, and also another campaign in a different class. The updated versions are even better, even to not make me make my own!

Either I don't know how to do it or it can't be done:
  • A box to modify all types with a modifier, saves, skills etc for Cloak of Protection or Luckstone. (Just a convenience since you've allowed the brilliant thing of editing.)
  • Expertise checker, again, saves me having to edit 4 fields on every level.
  • Pages 3 & 4, option for additional inventory layout. (3 full columns of 12 was a great step from 2.5 columns of 10.)
  • Maybe the ability to list Tools and their Proficiency numbers under skills?
  • Companion / Alternate Form should be optional.

I don't like to just complain when there are so many good points, here are some:
  • The weight/quantity bit is brilliant.
  • Auto Entry on Attacks, convenient
  • Auto Entry on Spells, a great time saver
  • One column (rather than 2) brilliant for someone who likes wordy descriptions
  • Layout is incredibly simple and beautiful.

Having played some 3.5e as well now I wish you had done one for that too!

Just want to say again 'Great Job!'. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Gretkatillor

First Post
Hi Caramelwhistle,

Just saw your message. I appreciate the feedback and am glad you like the sheet. Few points below:

A box to modify all types with a modifier, saves, skills etc for Cloak of Protection or Luckstone.

There is a general save bonus in the "resistances, immunities & other special defenses" section (first page, middle). It's a small cell.

There is also a hidden general proficiency bonus modifier (yes) right below the normal modifier (first page, top right). It becomes visible when you hover above it. (Didn't work before, fixed in v2.37.)

Expertise checker, again, saves me having to edit 4 fields on every level.

If you check a skill checkbox for the second time, you gain expertise. The round checkbox should turn from gray to black. If you see a normal blue check sign instead, please change your Acrobat settings for the custom checkboxes to work (see the guide on page 1 of this thread).

Pages 3 & 4, option for additional inventory layout. (3 full columns of 12 was a great step from 2.5 columns of 10.)
Maybe the ability to list Tools and their Proficiency numbers under skills?
Companion / Alternate Form should be optional.

The latter three points are valid but require a complete redesign (InDesign + Acrobat nonsense + recoding + testing). I started working on it, but real life currently takes precedence. Hope the above tips nevertheless help you get more out of the sheet.

As for 3.5, I actually based this sheet on MadIrishman's 3.5 sheet, which my group used. It's a static sheet, but good for printing.

Last edited:

jerry247

Villager
This has become my favorite sheet, I was looking to design on of my own and basically copied the front page. The only thing I am missing is conditions and exhaustion. Thanks for the work you put in on this, it makes an easy out for the lazy of us!

pyrobane

Villager
I have a Fighter with the Remarkable Athlete option. The character's proficiency bonus is currently +5. Remarkable Athlete says to round up so that would be a +3 bonus. On the sheet it's applying a +2 bonus.

Am I missing something or is there an issue with rounding in the sheet?

Thanks!

Gretkatillor

First Post
I have a Fighter with the Remarkable Athlete option. The character's proficiency bonus is currently +5. Remarkable Athlete says to round up so that would be a +3 bonus. On the sheet it's applying a +2 bonus.

Am I missing something or is there an issue with rounding in the sheet?

Thanks!

I'll look into it. Rounding down is standard, so this may be an exception that I missed.

EDIT:

It is indeed an exception. Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed in v2.38.

Last edited:

QuantumWizard

First Post
Great character sheet! I've been using it for more than a year and as a DM I advise my players to use it as well. Thank you for your hard work.

Here is a small list of bugs I've encountered in v2.38. Me and my players would appreciate it very much if these bugs were fixed!
  1. For elves, the "Add Traits" button adds a statement saying: "Trance (4 hours of meditation counts as long rest)". This is incorrect and has caused confusion among my players. You can find the official rules answer here, which states: "The Trance trait does let an elf meditate for 4 hours and then feel the way a human does after sleeping for 8 hours, but that isn’t intended to shorten an elf’s long rest."
  2. The tooltips for Hill Dwarf and Mountain Dwarf each state that they grant +2 Dexterity, where it should actually be +2 Constitution.
  3. Clicking on the "Observant (feat)" button doesn't actually change the Passive Perception score.
  4. In the spell list, many spells which should be rituals are not marked as such, for example: Gentle Repose, Locate Animals or Plants, Silence, Feign Death, Meld Into Stone, Phantom Steed and Water Breathing; I'm sure there are more, these are just the ones I've found.
  5. Often, when sorting spells, the very last line, after all the level 9 spells, will say "Cantrips" (but will not be followed by any cantrips or other spells).
Thanks again!

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Love the character sheet, it's now my preferred sheet for all my characters. A couple of things though:

Fighting styles and magic weapons - I don't see a way to modify weapon damage or attack bonuses. Am I missing something?

Gretkatillor

First Post
Hi Caliban, I justed added v2.4 which allows for more control over such things. Examples:

• Longsword +1 +2a calculates with a +1 magic bonus and an additional +2 attack bonus
  • +5 warhammer, two-handed calculates with 1d10 base damage and a +5 magic bonus
  • Ray of Frost, Wisdom +2d calculates with an attack bonus based on Wisdom, a +2 damage bonus, and damage dice based on character level
  • Sling (stolen from giant) calculates as normal, as comments in parentheses are now ignored
  • Special golden dagger sets all fields to manual input, as the weapon's name is not in the list

Other goodies:

• The tooltips of the coins show detailed value and weight info.
  • AC will show up even when some info is missing (e.g. no dex score yet).
  • Nets never deal damage, but magical nets do grant an attack bonus.
  • Bug fixes

Mind that this beta version requires some more testing, so feedback is particularly welcome.

Last edited:

Remove ads