D&D 5E The Creation Domain, for Clerics Who Wish to Unlock the Secrets of Life

Herosmith14

First Post
Hello, just finished sculpting out this Domain, so I'd figure I'd run it by you guys to see what you thought. Before we get into anything I would like to thank cbwjm for suggesting a lot of the abilities and CDs for this subclass, he was a great help. Now that we've put credit where credit is due, let's get into this.

I liked the idea of having a cleric that wasn't completely about preserving life, like the Life domain, or creating fine and powerful objects, like the Forge domain, but in the creation of life itself. I did my best to stay off the toes of the straight up Conjurer and the Forge domain with this, although, since I don't own XGtE yet, I haven't been able to take an in depth look at the latter. At cbwjm's suggestion, I made the Channel Divinities about summoning more things and buffing them. Before we start, I do realize the capstone is essentially another free domain spell, but it was the best thing I could think of.

My goals with the Creation Domain
  • Don't make it broken
  • Pump it full of conjuration spells and abilities that modify them
  • Don't step on the toes of the Conjurer of the Forge Domain
  • Make it interesting
  • Make it viable

Alright, here we go, this is the Cleric: Creation Domain(alternate link)

PS-Just so I don't cause confusion, The Creator is a homebrew deity in a campaign setting I'm working on.

Creation Domain
Everything in the multiverse was created. From the smallest drop of dew, to the mighty Tarrasque. In the case of many worlds or cultures, the gods collaborated to in the process of creation, and in some, it was the work of one figure. Whether they revere a full pantheon, or learn from a single deity, clerics who follow this path wish to unlock the secrets of creation, whether for good or evil. Patron deities of this domain include gods of creation, including Moradin and The Creator, as well as deities of fertility and childbirth such as Lathander, Yondalla, Arawai, Frigga, and Hathor.

[h=1]Domain Spells[/h]
Cleric Level
Spells
1st
Create and Destroy Water, Unseen Servant
3rd
Dust Devil, Flaming Sphere
5th
Conjure Animals, Create Food and Water
7th
Conjure Woodland Beings, Mordenkainen’s Faithful Hound
9th
Conjure Elemental, Creation

[h=1]Creator’s Blessing[/h]When you choose this domain at 1st level, you learn 3 Conjuration cantrips from any class’s list.
[h=1]Channel Divinity: Polyconjure[/h]Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to maintain multiple creations at once. As a bonus action while you are concentrating on a spell, you can use your Channel Divinity to maintain that concentration until the end of your next turn and still cast a conjuration spell that requires concentration on that turn. If you fail a concentration check as a result of taking damage, both spell effects fade.
If you have multiple uses of Channel Divinity, you can maintain both spells for multiple turns in a row.
[h=1]Channel Divinity: Enduring Creations[/h]At 6th level, you gain the ability to help your creations to stay on their feet in the midst of savage battle. As an action, you may present your holy symbol and any creatures you have conjured within 30ft of you gain resistance to bludgeoning, slashing, and piercing damage from non-magical weapons for 1 minute.
The resistance remains if the conjuration moves farther than 30ft of you after you use this feature.
[h=1]Potent Spellcasting[/h]Starting at 8th level you add your Wisdom modifier to the damage of any of your cleric cantrips.
[h=1]Diverse Creation[/h]At 17th level, you have learned how to create beings that many of your walk of life cannot. You choose one conjuration spell from any class’s spell list and add it to your own. If it is not a cleric spell, it is considered one for you, and is always prepared, but does not count against the number of spells you can have prepared.

Last edited:

Herosmith14

First Post
Okay, I have no idea why GDocs isn't working, it has before, but whatever. Enworld seems to have translated the Domain Spells table back into code, but hopefully you guys can understand it.

Remove ads