The Creation Schema:THE FINAL BATTLE FOR POSSESSION OF THE SCHEMA

It has nagged me for years that this storyline was never completed. So It will be completed by my kids and me. believe it or not, I have had a grand scheme planned that ties nearly all of my Storyhours together. Creation Schema, Siberys Seven and John Play over lap regularly and its time to show this.

I will first bridge the gap from the gaming group of old to the new then hopefully begin play this summer roughly picking up where I left off with many of the lose ends requiring attention first. So many people and groups were after the schema.

Hope you continue to read and enjoy.

Andy.

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 320
“TIE UP LOSE ENDS”
MAY 5, 2012

SYPHEROS 05, 999

The tall and gaunt man studies the images he has drawn into his book. The drawings are symbols that resemble draconic letters and symbols but there are additional notes written in a form of short hand unique to him. These are symbols of the Draconic Prophesy that he has found and studied. It is a thick book.

The room he is within is underground. It resembles a gladiatorial arena or area on contest. Glowing runes of cryptic messages are here- the newest prophesy symbols he has found. His notes include the size, location, and energies of the symbols he studies. Without looking up he addresses the unwelcomed intrusion.

“Step forward Breedaernxen of the Crosswinds. What brings you here?” A huge winged reptile strides forward making no sound. It also is looking at the runes around him. His Brass scales reflect the magical light caste by the man.

“I have completed your mission to delay the grandchild of Elderich. What do you wish of me now?” The creature towers over the man, even bowing before him he stands dozens of feet over the student of the runes.

“Cedious and his allies are getting too close. As much as I appreciate the halfling he needs to be slowed down. I have summoned a Storm to intercept them. I wish you to arrange for a welcoming party. Your friend- the Icy Frenzy would do well I believe. Have her and her giant friends stop them.”

“Yes Master. Your will is my wish.” And the ancient Copper dragon that has been aiding and hindering all parties seeking the Creation Schema steps back and disappears without a sound. This leaves the man with his secretive runes and his research by themselves.

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 321
“GLYDER FREETIME AND HIS FIRST TIME JUMP”
MAY 31, 2012

RHAAN 12, 999

The gnome with the long dreadlocks looks over the railing of the huge airship- Siberys Heir. It is flying over a very cold area on Xen’drik high in the mountains. The gnome is excited and also very scared. Before this year he had never left Sharn. He lived a simple life as a student at Morgrave University. It all changed a few years ago when he received a mysterious note from someone with handwriting exactly like his own. The results of this letter and his actions aided in the stopping of the zombie infestation of Sharn.

A second letter came later. He discovered why the hand writing was so much like his own. IT – WAS- HIS- OWN. Somehow, he magically traveled back in time. This time, instead of saving Sharn, he was commanded to leave his beloved city. He was to sneak into an airship port (he was told how and when) and when a specific airship arrived, sneak aboard. It would only be there for an hour as the owner sent out a message from a House Sivis Sending Station.

The ship he stole away on was unlike any other ever seen before or after…. The Siberys Heir. It was especially created by the dwarf known as Kim Elderich. It is a huge ship powered by TWO colossal fire elementals. A few days later He was spotted stealing food and brought to the dwarf. The dwarf was expecting him!

The dwarf is on some sort of adventure looking into a powerful artifact he calls the Creation Schema. There are many powerful mages and warriors on the ship on retainer. Elderich is prepared for a war it would appear. A war of magic.

After a run in with people possibly posing as the Emerald Claw (Glyder thinks they are a knightly organization- not a terrorist group) in Stormreach they began to follow a large river into the jungle. From the jungle into the mountains and now at the top of the mountains he is a cold and snowy environment. SNOW! It is a wondrous thing. Frozen water that falls from the sky like rain. He even saw his first dragon! It was a little one and white. It was hard to see within the falling frozen rain.

The gnome is jarred out of his deep thoughts as a gruff but loud voice calls to him. “Looks like a storm. A magical storm since it is not full of snow. You have better go below.” Behind the dwarf are two mages wielding staffs that are glowing. The glow is building in intensity as the magic builds.

The mage holding a staff with an owl depicted on it stares hard at the storm cloud. “Magic. Strong. Full of energy.” His long white with red fringed beard begins to flap in the rising wind. Purple and black lightning begins to flash. “The storm is unnatural. It is moving to block our progress.”

“Then prepare for the worse.” Demands the dwarf as he begins to recall spells of protection against lightning.

An arm of black lightning lashes out at the ship. It strikes a mage whom drops to one knee and appears stunned. Glyder barely hears him over the wind. “chaos.”

Glyder stands slack-jawed at the bow looking at the storm. Suddenly two blasts of lightning, one black and one green strike the bow at the same moment. The intense flash of light and pulse of energy drives back the mages. When they look up the gnome is missing.

Vult 6, 1002

The black skinned giant with flaming red hair and beard charges the fortification. Gnoll archers fire at it from the top of the wall. A blast of fire erupts there explosively. Burning dead gnolls fall back off the wall into the interior of the fortress. From the dark shadows of the space under the stairs there comes a glow and suddenly a confused and bewildered gnome appears. “What happened!?!”

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 322
“THE BEGINNING OF THE END”

RHAAN 17, 999

“Damned cold…. And that means something coming from a dwarf.” He grunts through clenched teeth. The dwarf mage / cleric from the Mror Holds looks out over the railing of his airship as it continues to climb over the mountains of central Xen’drik.

“Aye…. It’s cold.” Replies the mage next to him. “As cold as the top of the world even. But we grow closer to your destination.”

The dwarf smirks as he looks up to the mage. “Yes. And no- I will not tell you the name of the place. That will only be revealed when we arrive there.”

“Giant ruins I would wager. Many secret places here- many built by giants.” Says the mage hoping to learn more of the mission he was hired to aid on but distrusted beyond that. “Or perhaps draconic?”

“All in good time Averand…. All in good time.” Says the dwarf as he stares at a white thick moving cloud ahead of them. Still staring at the cloud, recent memories of the last strange cloud he encountered still in his mind, he mutters “Call up the boys. Something is amiss.”

The cold increases even as the cloud nears. Snow first drifts onto the deck then begins to fall regularly. Collecting on a deck heated by two colossal fire elementals that now growl and snare at the unnatural cold it faces. The dwarf and the mage both cast additional warming spells onto themselves even as the snow becomes a storm and then further becomes a blizzard. Then it happens. The roar of the winds becomes a roar of power and attack as a huge white dragon blasts out of the cloud. It dodges a fireball caste by a mage still on the stairs leading to the deck.

“Another damned dragon!” snarls the dwarf. “It’s like they knew we were coming and got ready for us!”

“I’m sure riding on a wood and fire magical craft the size of a whole town couldn’t be a factor!” quips a rogue holding up a wand that glows a bright green light.

“Aw shuddup and blast that thing out of the sky.” Demands Elderich.

Behind them, in a cabin above the deck the lead captain watches with a slack jaw. “oh-my-grandfather’s-grey- eye……ELDERICH! ELDERICH! Damn the wind! He can not hear me.”

“Sir- what is that?!?” says the mage pointing at something to the left. Something…. Bigger than the airship they ride. Something- moving their way.

Kim Elderich stares at the mass before him. Never taking his eyes off of it he pulls back his sleeve and there, a magical bracer is. He grasps it and activates the magic stored within. It calls out to a set individual preselected years ago by the dwarf. This magic item when created he had hoped to never use. It would mean he may be about to die. Die before completing his personal mission…. His personal dream… of discovering the full secret of the Creation Schema.

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 323
“Jasyne Symtex”

RHAAN 21, 999

The breeze is cool but gentle. He can feel it on his cheeks… brushing his hair. His eyes are closed in concentration. He hears the birds… then the slow creak of wood and handle. Then there is a whistle. His eyes snap open and he draws his bow and pulls back the arrow. The bow creaks from the strain and the arrow begins to glow brightly. He releases it and five more after that in rapid succession. Each arrow streaks in a rainbow colored energy trail and strikes moving wooden targets. All six arrows strike true. Even as the shards and dust fall to the ground a once quiet crowd stand up and cheer. The lead archer and trainer of the ways of the Kensai archery.

With no further show or drama the archer walks away to the booth where the headmaster waits for him. She is Catti d’Deneith of the Blademarks Guild. These highly trained warriors for hire are among the brightest and best that House Deneith has to offer. Catti is the headmaster but she is more. She is a Siberys Heir, born with a magical tattoo that covers much of her body. She is also the future wife to the greatest archer ever to train and now train others in the Defenders Guild.

“Well done. The warriors look up to you.”

“In time they will understand the ways of the Kensai and do what I do and better. They will bring great honor to the house.”

“Perhaps….. “ She is stopped as a House Sivis messenger arrives and bows before them. “Jasyne Symtex. I bring word to you from afar.” Says the gnome whom then raises his head. “Word from Lord Kim Elderich.”

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 324
“Arcanis”

RHAAN 26, 999

“Hello kreen. What brings you to Eldeen?” asks the old man behind the counter.

“Klik. I search for magic. Klik. Know there is some here. Klik. Can almost smell it.”

The old man secretly swallows deep and absent-mindedly places his hand over the medallion he wears under his red robe. “Eldeen holds many secrets and yes- I bet many have magic.”

“Klik. Magic yes. I have heard stories of underground cities klik of aberrational origin. Klik. Much magic.” Says the Thri-kreen as it gracefully walks in the Winetree tavern owned by Sir John ir’ Gunther. “Have heard tales. Klik. Tales of heroes that come from here. Klik. I hunt for them also.” Says the Thri-kreen as ir sits at the counter looking around and its antennae feeling around also. It smells for magic and anyone else within the tavern.

“I know whom you speak of. They are not here. I have not seen them in a long time. They were seeking something that should remain hidden. I hope you do not seek this also.” Sir John is thinking about the catacombs of aberrational origin that he acts as a powerful guardian for.

“Seek what? Klik. Maybe I should look for them. Klik. I am a good hunter of non-magical things also. Klik-Klik.” The antennae begin to focus on Sir John whom finds something to look into away from the troublesome Kreen.

“They went into the mountains that separate the swamps of Shadow Marches from these forests. That was over a year ago. Maybe you could search for them….” Sir John is thinking quickly about how to be nice about getting this Kreen out of his tavern before he detects the medallion of immortality on him or his magical smoking pipe that he enjoys. Then there is the artifacts (mostly evil) that a mere few hundred feet straight down below the tavern. The wards shown hold but there are creatures and things there best left trapped and forgotten there. First it was his granddaughter and now this Kreen. How much longer can he keep this place a secret?

“Klik. Magic. Yes. Klik. There is magic here. I am certain of it. Coming closer to me.”

Sir John stops walking toward him.

The door opens up and a gnome walks in. The gnome smiles as he sees the Kreen. The Kreen’s antennae move about wildly at the gnome. “Magic. Klik!”

“Are you Arcanis The Thri-kreen?”

“Thri-kreen Yes. Obvious. Why seek Arcanis?”

“My business is for Arcanis only. Again- Are you the kreen I seek?”

“Klik. Yes.” Says the thri-kreen as one of its four arms reaches secretly behind it feeling for a weapon. Many magic items are mysteriously been found in the kreen’s bags…. Some not his. “I am he.”

“Good. I tire of traveling in the forest. Good sir- may I have a drink?” The gnome tosses a silver coin onto the counter. The kreen looks briefly at the coin then back to the unknown gnome. (say that three times fast  ) Sir John picks it up and looks for anything a House Sivis gnome would prefer.

“I come on the behalf of Kim Elderich.”

“Elderich?” The Thri-kreen asks with suspicion. He tries to remember if he ever took anything of his the last time they met in the Blade Desert of Talenta.

“Yes. He requests your help on a mission that involves going to Xen’drik.”

“XEN’DRIK!!!!!!!” Klik-Klik-Klik-Klik.” The Kreen’s excitement is obvious to even non-kreen. Sir John is still keeping some distance between them just to be safe. He mentally checks on the many wards he has set up within the tavern and below to hide the magic within.

“I was told to mention the rewards, if you agree, would be – I quote him- MAGICAL.”

“Klik-Klik-Klik.” The kreen loves its magic. “Where is he? Where is the short man with money and magic?”

“You are to travel to Sharn and seek out the House Deneith compound. If you have no means to do so quickly…” , he pauses at the thought of it, “…I am to assist you in doing so.” The gnome gulps his wine knowing what the answer will be.

“Klik- Travel quickly is good.”

“Then come with me. I have the means to teleport us the Sharn area.”

There is a gentle and subtle pop in the air as the two leave Sir John alone within his Winetree Tavern. “Elderich is on the move. There is much to do. If he ever locates the Creation Schema….. Aureon help us. All of the Sovereign Host help us.”

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 325
“Shy-Anne Shard”

BARRAKAS 17, 999

The Golden Chalice is located in a wealthy area of Passage, Aundair. Only the wealthiest are members here. Few can be a guest here unless given approval by three or more members. It’s very exclusive. Royalty, Nobles, powerful warlords, mages and Dragonmarked house members are all members here. Tonight they are entertained by the famous elven bard Jaerun.

One of the few guests here watches everything with great amusement. She understands power, the power of command, authority, magics and even the supernatural. But she understands something they do not- the power of the mind. Shy-Anne Shard has traveled far and wide but seems to always arrive back in Passage. She has beaten dungeons created by the great creator- Drogan, she has defeated demons sent from the waste lands of the west, and she has even dared to defy the celestials in the Plane of Shavarath. She even courted a dragon once… and obviously lived.

Today, she seeks knowledge that she believes a merchant only has. The merchant has little care for her abilities and influence beyond the mind but her son is another thing. Like putty, she has manipulated him and now hopes to find the secrets she seeks.

That is until a quiet pop sound is heard nearby. She knows the sound. She heard it once when traveling with Kim Elderich. It is the sound made by Glyder Freetime whenever he leaves and arrives in another time. Looking around she sees the gnome peering out from a curtain on the balcony. He looks both lost and in search of something. When he sees her he smiles and waves then ducks as a security guard looks his way- alerted also by the sound of his arrival.

The guard is suddenly confused as she reaches out to mind with her. Glyder takes this time and opportunity to walk into the building and scurry to the back unseen by anyone.

“Excuse me Lord Ternity, I must…. Visit the water room. I will return shortly.” She stays up allowing her upper thigh to show through her gown and smiles. The young man nearly drops his wine in response.

“Hurry back malady. I do so enjoy your company.” He watches her leaves and smiles with lust and ill intensions.

Checking that no one is within listening distance, Shy-Anne looks about then goes into the water closet. “We need to stop meeting in these kinds of places. People will begin to talk.” Says the Gnome with a sly smirk. He is older than she remembers him being. She almost thinks he has aged decades in the past year when she remembers he passes through time. To her, a few months have gone by; to him it may be decades slipping through time, past, present and the future.

“Let them talk. The truth is more appealing and amazing to me. Why have you seeked me out? And since when did you gain control over your time jumps?”

“Limited control but yes- I can direct the jump slightly. For the past five years I have learned much about the magics of time. But I seek not to lecture you on that but give you fair warning.”

“Warning?”

“On the 28th of Rhaan in the year of 999, you will meet in the Deneith Compound outside of Sharn. Avoid the city as there is danger there seeking you and those you meet there. One will fall within the City of Towers. “

“I enjoy mysteries as much as anyone else but let’s get to the point. What is this about?” Shy demands as her patience runs low.

“Kim” as if that explains everything.

“oh.” And it seems it does.

The gnome begins to talk about the artifact created on Xen’drik thousands of years ago. How it is tied to the creation of the Forges and war forged. How it could lead to far worse things. He warns her of the Emerald Claw, the Cannith house, Warforged from Steel nation and another group of Warforged not of our world.

“One more thing- beware of the giants…… opp! Gotta go!” The gnome touches a ring he wears and the familiar pop sound is heard as a gentle knock at the door is heard. She decides that now is good a time as any to get her information and allures the young nobler into the water closet.

CREATION SCHEMA
SEGMENT 326
“TELTIS HAMMERTHROWER”

RHAAN 26, 999

The dwarf had promised to meet his friend in Mror Holds but missed him (too much mead and wasn’t done with…. What was her name?). When the Sivis Gnome came to him last week with the message he hurried to Sharn on the first rail he could get on.

The gnome seemed very nervous around the dwarf. He wasn’t sure why but now suspected he knew why. Six Warforged warriors were charging up the ramp to his rented room. He knew they were not there to sell babbles to him to help the war time orphans. Even as he withdrew his over-sized hammer from under the bed a seventh Warforged phased through the floor. The pike it carried tingled as it phased into his chest then he screamed in agony as the Warforged mage let it go allowing it to solidify while in his chest.

Dazed and coughing up blood, the other Warforged broke down his door and began to chop and beat him. After a few moments, the mage waved them to stop and they left through the doorway.

Remove ads