D&D General The D&D Cartoon is set in Faerun since when?

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I picked up the new D&D cartoon comic collection and the back says they went to Faerun.

The first few pages make sure to back this up. Venger and all those adventures are in Faerun.

Not that they were in "The Realm" (this is not the Forgotten Realms) and then took a portal out to Faerun (they always came across portals to other worlds and dimensions) (thus being plane hoppers) (they even came across a Spelljammer ship, i believe) but came from Earth to Faerun and have been stuck there.

For a company trying to get people used to the idea that a multiverse exists it seems like a weird retcon to make.

Here is the map of "The Realm." Where does this fit in Faerun? Where is the Alicorn Sea? It was all Forgotten, I guess?

OIP.jpg

I picked up the new D&D cartoon comic collection and the back says they went to Faerun.

The first few pages make sure to back this up. Venger and all those adventures are in Faerun.

Not that they were in "The Realm" (this is not the Forgotten Realms) and then took a portal out to Faerun (they always came across portals to other worlds and dimensions) (thus being plane hoppers) (they even came across a Spelljammer ship, i believe) but came from Earth to Faerun and have been stuck there.

For a company trying to get people used to the idea that a multiverse exists it seems like a weird retcon to make.

Here is the map of "The Realm." Where does this fit in Faerun? Where is the Alicorn Sea? It was all Forgotten, I guess?

View attachment 352286
What cartoon comic collection are you referring too? Iink?

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Absolutely bizarre retcon.

Even weirder is no one agrees Hank is the leader, which was never an issue.

Less weird IMO, nice to see them using weapons and actually slaying monsters. I mean Eric picks up a sword and uses it, not sure if he keeps it. You think he'd have a perm one by now...

But yeah Hank straight shooting a Gnoll in the head and Presto crushing a Dark Mantle.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Okay so best part about this is when I read it, I can hear the voices. I hear the music like when something crazy happens.

I love the old cartoon. I’ve watched it one way or another since it aired originally.

This may be a tad odd but it’s heart is in the right place and it’s like a whole new set of episodes.

BTW the fan created full episode of the final unproduced episode script is amazing. It can be found on YouTube and even got the VA of Sheila to join in.

Last edited:

Remove ads