• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The D&D Next books I'd like to see after the Core

delericho

Legend
If we do see a good adventure path, I'll feel a lot more confident about the future of the system.

Don't get me wrong - I would love to see a really good Adventure Path from WotC. The problem is that at the moment I don't trust WotC to produce a good adventure, never mind a whole path. They have a reputation for adventure design... but it's the opposite of the one that they'd want.

So they should start small, get that right, and then think about something more ambitious.

(Plus, I'm reasonably sure that the best place for an adventure path is eDungeon when it comes back... especially since DDI subscribers have automatic access to back issues, so will easily get the full series.)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Don't get me wrong - I would love to see a really good Adventure Path from WotC. The problem is that at the moment I don't trust WotC to produce a good adventure, never mind a whole path. They have a reputation for adventure design... but it's the opposite of the one that they'd want.

In my opinion, Scourge of the Sword Coast is a good adventure, and it's their most recent one.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
In my opinion, Scourge of the Sword Coast is a good adventure, and it's their most recent one.
I agree. It does have problems, but it has a good flow, well-thought-out environments, and a classic feel. It also has a story without being too much of a railroad.

It would benefit even more from the finished rules (many of the bosses fall under the definition of "legendary," and would play much better with those mechanics).

DonAdam

Explorer
Complete Book of Elves REVISITED. If I don't get a completely ludicrous and unbalanced set of options for Elves in the first 6 months I'm out. Forever.

(Just kidding. And full disclosure: my 7th grade self loved that book.)

3catcircus

Adventurer
I think it needs 3 things:

Multiple great adventures / paths that can seamlessly cross over each other.

Updated campaign setting books.

Great electronic DM tools. How about an updated set of electronic campaign maps that includes time zones, lat/long, pins for where older edition adventures took place, ocean currents, prevailing weather patterns etc.

ambroseji

Explorer
...However the one thing I don't even want to see is a PHB2, no more splat tredmill plase, if they ever do a PHB2 , then I will send the books back to WotC for a refund, because it means my phb will be uncomplete and useless on its own because they held back content again...

I share your sentiments. I really hated all the PHBs in 4e. I want my players to have their own rules reference for their character, and with all the classes that came out in the extra books it became impossible for them to afford. Whatever books are released first, I hope focus on settings, adventures, and mechanics.

If there are players options tied to specific settings, that's alright, but they should be feats, races, and maybe subclasses, not entire classes.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
The Birthright campaign setting book. Obviously!

More seriously: adventures. Lots of adventures. I'm really happy with the direction they've taken their adventure writing so far, and I'd love to see more.

Remove ads