D&D 5E The Death Bringer! One Shot K.O Divine Soul Sorcerer.

Hohige

Explorer
Hello friends, I am having a lot of fun with my low level character.

We were fighting in an arena of the king and my Divine Soul Sorcerer gave One Shot K.O to all his enemies.

Mortus Ustukov, is a Divine Soul Sorcerer who is heir to a god of death, however, has no link with his ancestor.
But, at certain times, the fury of death is revealed, instantly defeating your Enemy with a sinister Deathly Glowing attack (Empowered Upcasted Inflict Wounds).

The One Shot K.O. COMBO

1616694627499.png

V. Human Divine Soul Sorcerer level 3, Feat: Martial Initiate (Feinting attack):
Metamagic: Empower Spell, Seeking Spell

Turn 1:
Bonus Action: Feiting attack for Advantage + Superior Dice on damage.
Action: Empowered Upcasted Inflict Wounds for 4d10 + 1d8 (Superior Dice).
The d10 with empower spell is averag 6.75.

Advantage + Seeking Spell (If the attack fails) + Favored by the gods +2d4 (If the attack fails) is certain to hit.
Attack roll is 3d20 +5 +2d4, It's insane.... High chance to crit.
Critical hit: Empowered 8d10+2d8.

Final Damage: 33 average Necrotic Damage.

1616696868320.png

A Warlock with 16 con has 24 HP.
A Fighter with 16 con has 27 HP.
A Wizard with 16 con has 21 HP;
A Barbarian with 16 con has 30 HP.

The Favored by the gods and feiting attack recharge on short rest.

Pre casted Spirital Weapon (Black Scythe Style) as bonus action 9,5 avarage damage + Action for Sleep Upcasted or not.

Final damage on sleeping target (Autmagic Critical Hit): 6d10 or 8d10 if upcasted of damage.

Last edited:

Hohige

Explorer
Today was the last battle.
The Divine Soul Sorcerer defeated a Battlemaster level 3 with One Shot K.O.
Instantly consuming him.
It's insanely effective.

jgsugden

Legend
At 3rd level, it doesn't seem hard to make builds that one shot an enemy. It seems like, if the fights are to be one on one, the winning move is to go first. Thus, I'd be looking at jack of all trades, high dexterity, and anything else that makes you fast.

One easy option for one on one battles would be a 2nd level sleep spell. It will take down 7d8 (31.5) worth of enemies, enough to end any (non-elf) foe most of the time. Then you can kill them in a variety of ways.

Accordingly, I'd have gone with a 3rd level Vhuman bard. Maximize dex (16?), alert feat, jack of all trades to initiative (+9), then sleep at 2nd level for ~31.5 hp of sleepy time. Then you put them in chains, kick them into a pit and shoot them to death.

If the foe is an elf, Phantasmal Force can be used to lock them away and kill them (combined with crossbow), although a bit less reliable.

NotAYakk

Legend
Already seen this build, the name is Wanpanman.

1616779987135.png

You can also layer in lucky to block non-critical hits; getting a crit is more important than a hit, and lower accuracy to trigger seeking spell more.

It scales better with elven accuracy and champion 3 (for crit range).

Last edited:

Hohige

Explorer
At 3rd level, it doesn't seem hard to make builds that one shot an enemy. It seems like, if the fights are to be one on one, the winning move is to go first. Thus, I'd be looking at jack of all trades, high dexterity, and anything else that makes you fast.

One easy option for one on one battles would be a 2nd level sleep spell. It will take down 7d8 (31.5) worth of enemies, enough to end any (non-elf) foe most of the time. Then you can kill them in a variety of ways.

Accordingly, I'd have gone with a 3rd level Vhuman bard. Maximize dex (16?), alert feat, jack of all trades to initiative (+9), then sleep at 2nd level for ~31.5 hp of sleepy time. Then you put them in chains, kick them into a pit and shoot them to death.

If the foe is an elf, Phantasmal Force can be used to lock them away and kill them (combined with crossbow), although a bit less reliable.
it's very situational, the bard can't do it on arena.

The Sorcerer One Shot K.O is by far better.

One turn, one death.
This is the idea.

Sleep is very good, but situational, for example:
"Then you put them in chains, kick them into a pit and shoot them to death"
This does not exist in an arena and would fail or an ally of the enemy to wake him up as an action.
Very situational.
Another big problem is that creatures with high HP are not affected by Sleep.

The Divine Soul's Instant death can simply eliminate a creature from combat without any chance of returning and does not need extra rounds. It's death and it's over, 1 turn, one death.
Another clear advantage is that even a creature with 40 ~ 50 HP would not be Instant Kill, but would be practically 75% of the creature's HP, while Sleep would be totally useless.
Also, the 3d20 is high chance to critical hit, that can instant kill that creature. (40~50HP creature)
Also, we don't know the creature's HP, that can be a waste of spells slots (Sleep) and actions.

The most fun thing about One Shot K.O is the instant death that no one expects. The scene of a death blow is very, very entertaining.

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
Just a nitpick but Empower Spell doesn't work like Advantage: you must use the second roll and, with a 16 stat, you can reroll only 3 of the 4 dice. And, of course, when you land your attack you'll end up with all 1s and 2s and have blown your shot for the day. :) It's a high risk, high reward strategy.

jgsugden

Legend
Again, the primary point is that going first is going to be critical if you want to win consistently and take a shot at one shots.

I'm confused on whether this is arena (many combatants) or one on one that you're speaking of as your PC might take out one foe, but they're using a lot of their capabilities to do so, leaving less for defense to endure subsequent attacks. Further, you're not showing any focus on winning initiative, so are you not running across "save or suck" spells like hold person before you go?

Quartz

Hero
When a non-spellcaster goes up against a primary spellcaster then the spellcaster is going to win. Spells are pretty much 'I win' buttons. And they're supposed to be.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases