• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Diogenes Club {Cthulhu by Gaslight d20}

Tonyfr

First Post
yangnome said:
"I'm not certain what region he is from. Frankly, I don't even know the chap. He seemed ratehr hurried and asked us to deliver teh package for him. He said that Dr Galvan wwould know what to do with it. That is pretty much teh extent of it."

That seems odd given the potential value of the object. Why was he in a rush?

yangnome

First Post
"I'm not exactly certain why he was in a rush. He seemed nervous about something or other. Of course, thats just a feeling I got from the chap. As for the value, I didn't realize its worth so much. I suppose he brought it to me to deliver since I have such a good reputation or reliability when it comes to these things."

With the last comment, Dobber casts a glance to Angus and then back to the box and the other two gentlemen.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
yangnome said:
With the last comment, Dobber casts a glance to Angus and then back to the box and the other two gentlemen.
Angus merely smiles, more a crocodile smile then anything else, something with lots and lots of teeth in it. A smile that says:"right mister, keep the smart talk coming, I'm taking note of each and every word you say, and somtime in the near future, in a police cell somewhere, you and I are gonna have a nice long discussion in private. "

Douane

First Post
The Count can't help but to raise an eyebrow at Professor Galvan's past conduct which even he considers unusual, to say the least.

The ruckus at the club entrance, however, cuts off any comment he might have wanted to make about this.

"Ah, a puzzle-box! You never told me that you have an interest into the more "mundane" aspects of history, Professor," the Count booms in, looking over Galvan's shoulder.

"So what does it hold? Or haven't you opened it yet?" he adds with gleam in his eye.

Sherlock

First Post
Professor Galvan takes the puzzle box from Mr. Dobber. "Really, I haven't the faintest idea why a Chinaman would be bring this to me? My speciality is zoology and biology not far eastern antiquarianism." He rattles the box for a monment. "There does seem to be something inside it though."

Douane

First Post
The Count adjusts his monocle and gives the new arrival a once-over before he answers:

"As I said, it is a puzzle-box. The key to opening it lies in pushing the right combination of these symbols.

You said that they stand for chinese deities? Are you able to identify a certain sequence they could logically be put in? Perhaps a ranking of their importance or such?"

He looks expectantly at the american.

Tonyfr

First Post
"May I look at it more closely?" askes Dr. Marley. Michael looks at it closely to see if he can figure it out.

[I rolled an 8 to determine if Michael can see anything meaningfull.]

G

Guest 11456

Tasha Velmont : Cat Burglar

As if coming out of a daze, Tasha snaps back to reality.

"Eh? Region? You see one Chinaman you've seen 'em all."

She clears her throat.

"So, er, there was the matter of compensation?"

She casts a sidelong glance at Angus.

DrZombie

First Post
Tailspinner said:
"So, er, there was the matter of compensation?"

She casts a sidelong glance at Angus.
"How about being allowed inside a Gentlemens club for more then five seconds, wich is four seconds longer then the last female who tried to enter?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads