The Discovery downer

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Crothian said:
is that going to save you from the volcano, the earth quake or the tsunami?? :p

None of them. I'm just assuming that I'll survive since I'm a PC. This gear is to save me from The Humungous and his cronies.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I Tivo'd that "Dragons" show Discovery channel did, and I watched the first half of it today. Their take on Dragon physiology was very interesting.

So, it's not all gloom and doom stuff.

But yea, between the super Tsunami, and the Calderra, it seems like God doesn't like North America too much.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
I honestly have not really watched the Discovery channel for a very, very long time now. History Channel has taken its place on my TV.

I don't usually watch Discovery Channel. The Bloodhound Gang kinda ruined that for me.... :confused:

And the History Channel got stupid one night when they were doing something on the Romans and the "armor" they were wearing was made out of CHAINMAIL(!) WTF was with that! I'm not that big a history buff but I *can* tell they really screwed up royally on that one. The armor was made of the similar style but the body, instead of being leather "splints" was chain links like from the medieval period. :confused:

I think the romans had chainmail they learned of it from the Celts I believe. The "splint" armor you're used to is lorica segmentata (sp?) but that was only used on front-line troops If I'm remembering properly.

joe b.

Angcuru

First Post
JGB is right about the armor. The typical steel shell the frontline troops wore is what you have in mind. Troops not expecting battle wore the leather equivalent of the above and later chainmail as well.

It is depressing, tho.

Crothian

First Post
I liked that movie too, but most didn't seem to. The Super Volcano three hour docu drama was actually pretty good. I think they handled things well.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I will not fear The Humungous. I will stand my ground and be ready for battle. I will not be intimidated by ruffians and thugs! I won't!

Attachments

• walkaway.jpg
    walkaway.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 58

Remove ads