• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dojo of Nature's Fury and Harmony is closed after Kith's death...

MidKnight

First Post
Happy Harry returns to the glade after his battle with the Sash fighter, Shard.

He wears a look of confusion...

"Mistress Kith... I have seen the face of yet another fighter today. But the face was your's! I don't understand. Is she somehow related to yourself?"

Harry smiles and loops his thumbs around his new Green Belt...

"It seems that my stay here was short, but I have enjoyed the time with you and the others, and I thank you for your instruction.

My services are always yours to call upon..."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Thank you Harry for being a part of my Dojo while it lasted. I was happy to help you in any way that I could. Congratulations.

"As for someone else with my face, I have heard of a Lady Tsin who looked much like me, but I was told that she passed away some time ago. If this was a living fighter and no ghost, then I am as confused as you. I do not know of any person related to me that you could have seen. Tell me, what was this fighter's name?"

Sabaron

First Post
A man approaches the dojo. His face is contorted into a mask of pain. His black clothes are slightly bloodstained, and he walks unsteadily.

"Where... where is Kith? I bring her sad news..."

A young student points the man toward her quarters. He walks across the practice ground, heading toward her room.

You recognize him as Mirashi Iso, a Yakuza Thug and a member of Team Rocket. Strange to see a man like that with tears streaming down his face.

He knocks on Kith's door.

"Kith! Kith! I bring you news of your sister..."

When no answer comes from the door, Mirashi begins to panic.

"KITH! OPEN THIS DOOR!"

Mirashi kicks the door, and it splinters into little pieces.

Kith lies there, dead on the floor.

"Hmmm... I didn't know for certain. Well, Shard told me to tell you students that Kith is dead, although I had to make certain for myself. I hear she was a valiant fighter, and I hope you can all find new homes at a different dojo."

With his tears now dry and his face looking composed, Mirashi leaves the dojo.

Vanor

First Post
Not knowing why, or even how. Vanor feels in his heart that a great darkness has settled across the land. He looks at Diamond and see's she can feel the same thing. With out a word they wheel Spirit and Striker around and race towards the dojo of Kith. With in a short time they arives at the gates, and finds themselfs amist a sea of chaos. The students weep openly, and many question what will become of themselfs.

They walk purposely though the crowds, seaking out the mistress of the dojo to find out what is going on.

Not finding her in the training hall, Vanor leads them to her rooms, seeing the door shattered, his heart sinks knowing before his mind accepts it what has happend here. A gasp from Diamond says louder then words that she knows it to.

A short time later, Vanor and Diamond walk out of the room, with Kith's body wraped in a blanket. The students are still disrought and without leadership... Loss in their grief. Vanor calls to a few of the students needing help in what must be done. They hardly seem to hear him, hardly seem to notice his presences. A sharply barked command from Diamond seems to help them come to their senses.

"You! Go gather some wood, and something to lay your mistress on for the funeral pyre." She calls to the first student that responds.

"And you!, go gather all of the students of this dojo to the front of the hall, and go and inform Darkwolf, as well as any other dojo master you find of what has happend here. Tell them to come to the dojo as soon as they are able to. Vanor barks at another student.

Some time later most all of the students of the dojo are gathered around, but some are still missing. There is little time, but what needs to be done can wait a bit longer til everone is gathered. After the funeral pyre is built and Kith is laid across it.

Diamond uses the time while the pyre is being built to dress Kith in her finest komoto, and to fix her hair... Vanor can see that she had spent most of the time doing so crying. He would cry himself but he couldn't let the students see him do so in public, later in private he would morn the loss.

Vanor waits till nightfall hoping for the other dojo masters to arive before sending Kith to the afterlife, in a fitting mannor of a dojo mistress. Looking at her laying there, fills him both with sadness and rightous anger, a anger that seems to be matched by the glow of his jade gauntlet

Last edited:

Lady Diamond

First Post
Diamond gazed at Kith's lifeless body on the funeral pyre, unbearably sad. "I hardly knew you and now I'll never have the chance," she whispered. Her face was still tear-streaked but now her eyes were hollow and dry. Gazing at Kith she remembered something the distraught students had said as they arrived. Turning to the assembled students, most of them openly weeping still, she chose one of the group. "You there, tell me again what the man said who found Mistress Kith in this state." The student moved woodenly closer to Diamond's side and recounted the tale, the more she listened, the more her lips pressed firmly together as if to stifle a scream of outrage. "You've done well,thank you" Diamond spoke quietly, grasping the boy on the shoulder and gently steering him back to where the other students had gathered to grieve.

She moves close to Vanor and speaks in a low voice not to upset the students further. She can see that he is fighting mourning openly, but a muscle twitches in his cheek. "Beloved, Kith's sister is still out there, alone. I'm going to try to use Striker to find her. I hopefully won't be long. If I happen to run into the beast who did this..." She hesitates for a moment. "He will wish he were dead."

"Be careful beloved."

"I will. Striker can guide me there if anything can. I'll be back shortly beloved."

Diamond kisses him softly and mounts Striker, urging him forward. "Blood... blood... follow the smell."

They start off in the direction the man had come from.

Phoenix8008

First Post
In case there is some confusion (which appears to be the case based on Sabaron's post above), I wanted to clear up what I was trying to describe in the death scene of Shard/Kith.

Shard and Kith were not two people. They were split personalities in the same body due to a mental breakdown after being raped and beat by some bandits that caught them in the past. Therefore Mirashi going to the dojo and finding Kith's body there didn't make sense because she had died in front of him 'talking to herself'. Unless he was covering his tracks as a good assassin is wont to do, then I didn't understand that part. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

Remove ads