D&D 5E The DUNGEON DELVER'S GUIDE Is Live!

The Kickstarter for the Dungeon Delver's Guide -- an essential tome for creating, exploring, and running dungeons in your 5E or A5E game -- is now live! Dungeon Delver’s Guide is a comprehensive toolkit for designing, running, and exploring dungeons. This essential 300-page sourcebook for use with 5E and Level Up: Advanced 5E contains everything you need to create compelling and deadly mazes...

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 5.38.51 PM.png

The Kickstarter for the Dungeon Delver's Guide -- an essential tome for creating, exploring, and running dungeons in your 5E or A5E game -- is now live!

Dungeon Delver’s Guide is a comprehensive toolkit for designing, running, and exploring dungeons. This essential 300-page sourcebook for use with 5E and Level Up: Advanced 5E contains everything you need to create compelling and deadly mazes and lairs, and new player options for adventurers who want to venture below and return to the surface alive. This mighty tome includes:
  • New character options, from ratling decomposer druids to doppelganger shadow stalker rogues -- 6 new heritages (races), 10 new cultures, 4 new backgrounds, and 13 new archetypes (subclasses)!
  • New gear, spells, and mounts to prepare your adventurers against subterranean threats.
  • More than a hundred clever traps, tricks, and puzzles that challenge players instead of punishing them.
  • Terrifying new monsters which populate the darkest corners of the world.
  • How-to guides for building satisfying underground adventures
  • A dungeon-building system to build unique, thematic dungeons and lairs, with rules for themes, a system for stocking the dungeon, and extensive random dungeon generators.
  • Premade dungeons for characters of any level, ready to drop into an existing campaign.
  • A guide to the haunted cities and midnight seas of Underland, the weird realm beneath the earth.
4ddg1.jpg

I backed this and am excited!

Question: will there be a sidebar or paragraph or something explaining the procedure on how to run (not create but an example of play) a dungeon crawl with these methods? I find that’s where I stumble the most is how to take the wonderful info and flow narratively with the design intention

Reynard

Legend
Out of curiosity, if I back this at the core hardcovers plus DD Guide level, am I more likely to get physical copies of the core books faster than I would if I preordered them now?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Because other folks will. That's why the OGL exists.
Sure, but WOTC would make money off of this just as well... so I really don't know why they wouldn't pursue it themselves. I can't believe they wouldn't realize there would be a market for it.

edosan

Adventurer
I don’t think WOTC thinks there is enough money in more in-depth products. It seems like their model is to keep their stuff more accessible to all and let 3PP products handle the more complex books.

Remove ads

Remove ads