D&D 5E The DUNGEON DELVER'S GUIDE Is Live!

The Kickstarter for the Dungeon Delver's Guide -- an essential tome for creating, exploring, and running dungeons in your 5E or A5E game -- is now live! Dungeon Delver’s Guide is a comprehensive toolkit for designing, running, and exploring dungeons. This essential 300-page sourcebook for use with 5E and Level Up: Advanced 5E contains everything you need to create compelling and deadly mazes...

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 5.38.51 PM.png

The Kickstarter for the Dungeon Delver's Guide -- an essential tome for creating, exploring, and running dungeons in your 5E or A5E game -- is now live!

Dungeon Delver’s Guide is a comprehensive toolkit for designing, running, and exploring dungeons. This essential 300-page sourcebook for use with 5E and Level Up: Advanced 5E contains everything you need to create compelling and deadly mazes and lairs, and new player options for adventurers who want to venture below and return to the surface alive. This mighty tome includes:
  • New character options, from ratling decomposer druids to doppelganger shadow stalker rogues -- 6 new heritages (races), 10 new cultures, 4 new backgrounds, and 13 new archetypes (subclasses)!
  • New gear, spells, and mounts to prepare your adventurers against subterranean threats.
  • More than a hundred clever traps, tricks, and puzzles that challenge players instead of punishing them.
  • Terrifying new monsters which populate the darkest corners of the world.
  • How-to guides for building satisfying underground adventures
  • A dungeon-building system to build unique, thematic dungeons and lairs, with rules for themes, a system for stocking the dungeon, and extensive random dungeon generators.
  • Premade dungeons for characters of any level, ready to drop into an existing campaign.
  • A guide to the haunted cities and midnight seas of Underland, the weird realm beneath the earth.
4ddg1.jpg

I want this so bad, to sit on my shelf alongside my other A5E books… but alas, foreign exchange and Canadian shipping costs may keep me at the digital tier. (Not the fault of the creators!) But $100 CAD is a steep price for one book.

Not expecting a solution from anyone, just commiserating with my fellow Canadians/Australians/everyone else. Shipping in 2022 suuuuucks.

delericho

Legend
Looks nice, but what I just don't get is why isn't WOTC making things like this??? 🤷‍♂️
Because this stands to make a few $100k, from hundreds (maybe thousands) of backers, while WotC want every book to sell 100k copies at $50 - $70 a go?

Sadly, I think that's the reality of it - while this book looks great, it's also not going to shift in anything like the numbers that WotC wants. We should probably get used to the idea that the DMG and MM are now the only books for any edition that will be entirely DM-focused.

Arilyn

Hero
I want this so bad, to sit on my shelf alongside my other A5E books… but alas, foreign exchange and Canadian shipping costs may keep me at the digital tier. (Not the fault of the creators!) But $100 CAD is a steep price for one book.

Not expecting a solution from anyone, just commiserating with my fellow Canadians/Australians/everyone else. Shipping in 2022 suuuuucks.
It does. I'm getting it anyway, because just shipping a birthday present to my father in law, who lives in the same province as us is ridiculously expensive. So I try to just bite the bullet. 😔

It does. I'm getting it anyway, because just shipping a birthday present to my father in law, who lives in the same province as us is ridiculously expensive. So I try to just bite the bullet. 😔
I might still too!

What I need is several friends who also want this book, then we can combine shipping haha

dave2008

Legend
Looks nice, but what I just don't get is why isn't WOTC making things like this??? 🤷‍♂️
Sure, but WOTC would make money off of this just as well... so I really don't know why they wouldn't pursue it themselves. I can't believe they wouldn't realize there would be a market for it.
It is questionable if they could make money, or at least enough money. With 5e they had a goal of every book selling 100,000 copies minimum. This book is selling about 1/100 of that.

Now, the 100K goal was back in 2014. That may have changed now. For all we know the min. threshold as gone up! Of course, the are selling to a much larger fan base now, so these things may become more profitable.

However, personally I hope WotC doesn't make books like this. I much rather have a dedicated group of quality 3PP take up the mantel. Less corporate and more personal.

Remove ads

Remove ads