• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The EN World FREE Character Portrait Request Thread!

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Eodwin, Dwarven Arcane Trickster

Eodwin, Male Dwarf Rogue/Transmuter

At first glance, Ed is a strange sight: a squat dwarf (4' 2", 160 lbs) with a short, singed reddish-brown beard and eyebrows. He always seems to exude an odour of burning things. He has deep-set, dark grey eyes that constantly probe his environment.

He wears baggy pantaloons with broad russet and white vertical stripes, held up at the waist by a sturdy black leather belt. A tiny hand crossbow dangles from one hip with a spell component pouch opposite. A white shirt is laced up to the base of his throat, and dark chest hairs protrude from whatever openings they find. True to dwarven fashion, he wears sensible heavy black boots.

A bandoleer crosses his chest from left shoulder to right hip, bearing a punching dagger, thieves' tools, a few crossbow bolts, and a small wooden block with a carving knife. Ed is a sculptor first and foremost, and leaves little wooden sculptures wherever he goes. If he is too busy to work with good stone, at least he can keep his extremely deft hands occupied whittling. He carries the rest of his equipment in a canvas backpack.

His familiar is Poe, a morose crow that speaks to him in an ancient extinct language. On the off chance that he makes a good find, he brings a donkey with saddlebags with him everywhere. The intractable beast's stubbornness has earned him the name Dumbass.

Ed loves adventuring, and is always on the lookout for rumours of treasure, ancient ruins (he's a student of of both architecture and history), and sculptures to study. He's also not above lifting the occasional pouch if he's having a hard time making ends meet.

--

I hope somebody gets inspired to draw a portait! :)
-blarg

veinglory

First Post
(The holy symbols are for a german fansite of an original d20 campaign setting. Some artists from these boards have already contributed to the project.)

I have printed these out and will have a go. I will try and do a 'set' of them using a similar frame. I hope my usual b/w will suit. All I would be after is a link to my home page and/or epilogue gallery. This weekend is pretty busy but I should get at least one done by Monday. How simple/symbolic do you see these as being, i.e. what is the size they are displayed at?

Brix

Explorer
veinglory said:
(The holy symbols are for a german fansite of an original d20 campaign setting. Some artists from these boards have already contributed to the project.)

I have printed these out and will have a go. I will try and do a 'set' of them using a similar frame. I hope my usual b/w will suit. All I would be after is a link to my home page and/or epilogue gallery. This weekend is pretty busy but I should get at least one done by Monday. How simple/symbolic do you see these as being, i.e. what is the size they are displayed at?

That's cool
thank you i'm looking very much forward it.

As for the size I'm thinking of 100x100 for each deity entry, but they might appear somewhat bigger at another location

You certainly get a link to your hp/gallery. That's the meaning of the whole thing, that cool people have platforms where they can present their stuff.
I think full fledged professionell artist also works most of the time for commision, so it's a good exercise for everyone.

Well the whole setting has a celtic nuance. It's hard to tell how symbolic they should be, for symbols are most of the time found and not invented. So just do what you think is cool.
I posted some suggestion, and tried not avaid clichees.
I guess I failed ;)

Besides b/w is cool
especially for printing
my favorite b/w artist is Stephen Fabian

Last edited:

notjer

First Post
if anyone would care... thx

Rogue Wood Elven, 5,5 inch, 121 pund, 124 years, black hair to shoulder, deep grey eyes.
15 streng, 20 dex, 13 con 15 charisma(beautiful). clothes/gear: studded leahter armor, black blank cloak, have an black heavy crossbow, and a very long red/blue dagger(nearly a short sword). he is very clever...

he have live in thw forrest for long time, and decided to move into the city, he he wasent happy for the forrest, to boring, he have still a book were all his living-way-motto is wroten.

he have own a Tavern and know lots about bards and few of their stories, he did get into a thieve guild after that, and learned much about weird people.

sry for bad english -dane

Ferret

Explorer
Any one want to draw a kobold? Naerl!

He has blue robes and is of the scally reptile with tail and tufts of hair family of kobolds. I'd like to see him performing a spell, as he is a sorcerer. If you want/feel up to it you can add in his more apparent dragon nature ( copper or brass dragon) heritige.

ThorneMD

First Post
If anyone is interested in a few. Thanks if you do.

Welby Tallfellow
Halfling Cleric
Long Black Hair, tied in a ponytail.
Brown Eyes.
No tattoos or disfigurements.
Dark Green Travel Cloak.
Halfling Plate Mail.
Two Whips. One on each side.
Wolfen by him (crossbreed between wolf and dog).
Light Crossbow on back.
Pipe in mouth.
Holy Symbol of St. Cuthbert on neck.
Signal whistle on neck
(if in a resting period) looking at various holy symbols. They are his collection items.

Rudic Noson
Human Paladin
Short Black Hair
Tanned Skin
Finely Trimmed Goatee
Scale Mail
Light flail on his right side
Whip around his waist
Whip Dagger on his left side
On the back of his Rhino Mount, which wears a +1 Mithrel Chainshirt Barding.
Heavy Lance in hands.

Haldir
Half-Orc Druid
Long Black hair kept in a neat braid
All Muscle
fine clothes
Ankheg Hide Armor
Large Ankheg Shield
+1 Scimitar, which look like the scimitars of Drizzit

veinglory

First Post
symbols

Time is doing what it does to me, slip by. Just some composition doodles for the huntress and sun staff/disc only 100pix so don't bother opening them. Will try for more progress soon but I have a commission to finish

Attachments

• huntress.jpg
    huntress.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 749
  • sundisc.jpg
    sundisc.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 696

Brix

Explorer
veinglory said:
Time is doing what it does to me, slip by. Just some composition doodles for the huntress and sun staff/disc only 100pix so don't bother opening them. Will try for more progress soon but I have a commission to finish

It seems that at 100px its hard to comprehebd what you see at first. The b/w techique lets it appear like these "old crone / young girl" changing pics.
The idea is good, for both pics. Though I would make it a little bit more fantasy-like / antique, because it looks very modern. I don't know why?!

I am looking forward it. You seem to be a busy man so take your time. :cool:

Arafang

First Post
Here's a profile's for two characters that I would like drawn together if anyone could do that for me?

name is Euthanasia
Long lavender hair with thin streaks (usually wears half-up)
goddess of vengeance and heroic ends
about 16 years old
99 lbs
5'7
Golden eyes
Wears a celtic cross necklace, short skirt and shirt with ancient symbols backgrounded in gold on the hem and neckline and waitline.

and...

name is Exangelos
raven black hair
god of war
about 18 years old
lean yet muscular
6'2
brown eyes
Wears a dragon pendent usually goes shirtless, wears a white tunic mostly.
position: holding Euthanasia in his arms

Thaniel

First Post
I have to say, great work all around. We have some marvelous artists on this thread.
Here is my request:

Valewin (a human man), Forcke (a half-orc man), and Frank (small monkey).
Valewin is a handsome man standing at about 5'9" and is quite muscularly built (str 16, dex 15). He wears a chain shirt and has a holy symbol of kord hanging from his neck. His red hair is cropped short and he has a neatly trimmed mustache and beard (only facial hair is a mustache growing down into his beard, which is not long at all [more of just a chin covering]). He weilds a greatsword which has a holy symbol of kord on it as well. Slung over his shoulder is a short bow and quiver.
-
Forcke is a relatively (as half-orcs go) attractive half-orc man who stands at about 6'3". He is also very well built (Str 15, Dex16). His face shows more human blood than orc, betrayed only by an upturned nose, small lower tusks, and slightly pointed ears. Forcke's dark hair is all but shaved off completely and his face is hairless. He wears a leather gauntlet on his right hand with 2" spikes protruding from the base knuckle of the four fingers. His clothing is normal traveler's garb and he has a light crossbow and quiver on his back. On his shoulder is a small brown monkey (Frank, his familiar).

Pose: I'd like Valewin and Forcke standing side by side. Valewin in a straight stance, the tip of his sword against the ground, and his hands on the pommel. Forcke standing to the side, Frank sitting on his shoulder, a clenched right fist (showing spikes) and a small flame coming from his upturned left hand.

Thanks in advance.
Thaniel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads