The EN World IRON DM 2019 Tournament Scheduling Thread

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
@Iron Sky and @Psykick - I have a Dentist's appointment in the morning, which you don't care about, but it happens to be at 9 am ET, so I won't be able to start the match right then. I'll be starting the match 30 minutes earlier at 8:30 ET. I hope that's close enough to make it no big deal.

Psykick

Pizza Cheesus
@Iron Sky and @Psykick - I have a Dentist's appointment in the morning, which you don't care about, but it happens to be at 9 am ET, so I won't be able to start the match right then. I'll be starting the match 30 minutes earlier at 8:30 ET. I hope that's close enough to make it no big deal.

@Iron Sky & @Radiating Gnome

So I may not be available after all. Just found out that my county (along with most of California) will be losing power around midnight tonight and may not be getting it back for up to 7 days. Long story short, it's wild fire season and the energy company that supplies most of our power doesn't want to be held liable for fires started by their equipment so they are powering down most of the state.

I'll update tonight if I get more info but all we have right now is a vague "Probably losing power, don't know how long" statement.

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Goddamn, the lengths some contestants will go to for a little sympathy from a judge....Seriously, just charge up your phone and start soaking some towels so you can stuff them under doors to keep the smoke out until you've finished your entry.

In all seriousness, keep us posted. That sounds awful.

I hope that you don't lose power, and that things remain sane enough that you can participate. Since the fourth round is already scheduled and our list of contestants didn't include any alternates, I'm going to hope like hell that everything works out for you to participate.

Psykick

Pizza Cheesus
Goddamn, the lengths some contestants will go to for a little sympathy from a judge....Seriously, just charge up your phone and start soaking some towels so you can stuff them under doors to keep the smoke out until you've finished your entry.

I hope that you don't lose power, and that things remain sane enough that you can participate. Since the fourth round is already scheduled and our list of contestants didn't include any alternates, I'm going to hope like hell that everything works out for you to participate.

The good news is that I'm well outside of the wildfire zone, so I'll at least be safe from that but since Cali's energy grid is so interconnected they are having a hard time isolating our county from the other ones that need shutting off. Hope things work out, fingers crossed!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My entry has been posted. It's not as polished as I would have liked; I was only able to work on it for 3 hours total thanks to a scheduling nightmare at work. I even posted it an hour early because I have to run to another engagement. --sigh-- Ah well. Let's see how it shakes out!

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Oh hello! I've been busy with work and gaming and hadn't noticed that the tournament launched! I'm here now. If the brackets are full then I'll happily spectate, but if you need another competitor, I'd be happy to jump in.

Psykick

Pizza Cheesus

Welp, looks like I'll be out of power for the next few days starting sometime tonight or early tomorrow. estimates are ranging for 48 hours to a week of outage, really not sure what to expect. If we can reschedule my match for next week when power is back that'd be great, if not I'll step out for this year and hopefully join in next year.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Just a heads up; I'm in a power outage starting at midnight tonight. They say it shouldn't last more than a day, but also that it could last as many as five. I believe that Psykick is in a similar situation, which may delay the next two matches for a bit.

Remove ads