The EN World IRON DM 2019 Tournament Scheduling Thread

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Note: If you're interested in joining we are still recruiting alternates! Life happens and things come up, so we're always on the look for one or two (or three!) alternates who are willing and ready to step up in need be!

Rune

Once A Fool
Quick question for the judges:

I may have missed it somewhere in the rules, but will the judges all be using a standardized online word-counter and, if so, which one? As I recall, there were some inconsistencies that came up last year.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Ah yes, I forgot to add this!

This year we will be exclusively using: WordCounter - Count Words & Correct Writing for all of our word counting needs. You'd think something like "word count" would be pretty objective and universal, but I've had "1500 word" entries clock anywhere from 1496 to 1504 depending on whether I was using a Google Doc plugin or one of a hundred similar websites and to this day I've yet to fully grasp the source of the discrepancies.

That's right, Wordcounter.net, the official free online word counter of EN World's Iron DM Competition!

Rune

Once A Fool
* WordCounter.net is not affiliated with EN World or the EN World 2019 IRON DM Tournament. Terms and conditions may apply. See your doctor if you run an entry that lasts longer than four hours.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I like to believe I'm personally responsible for the word count limits. I think one of my first entries was something like 13 pages long and I've had judges essentially say "you lose because tl;dr". :p

I am not available immediately as the beginning of each month swamps me with work. I'll probably be good to go by this weekend.

Remove ads