The EN World IRON DM 2019 Tournament Scheduling Thread

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I would love to participate again. Could really use a little time to stretch the creative writing muscles. Iron DM Tournament rules!

Unfortunately, I know I simply will not have the appropriate time to devote in the coming weeks.

Best of luck to ALL of this year's contestants and judges. I look forward to reading up on everyone's entries (and the rulings/judgements are great reading, too!) as time allows.

Rune

Once A Fool
C’mon, now, folk! It only hurts for a little while!

Seriously, I am not exagerating when I say that IRON DM changed the course of my life!

It completely altered my aproach to adventure writing while simultaneously honing my skills.

But those are long-term benefits. In the short-term, participating in an IRON DM tournament is just crazy fun. Crazy, hectic, anxiety-inducing, exhilerating fun.

If you think you might have what it takes, come on.

Step into the crucible.

Be forever altered.

Prove yourself.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
We're halfway there! Livin' on a prayer!

Who else is willing to step up to take on the challenge?

Rune

Once A Fool
No new challengers yet?

No one new willing to put their adventure-crafting skills on the line?

No one new willing to challenge themselves to improve those skills?

No one new willing find out if yhey’ve got what it takes to become an IRON DM?

There’s a reason people in the know keep coming back.

But I’m just one guy. Maybe my fellow competitors can tell you why they come back for more. @CleverNickName? @Iron Sky? @MortalPlague?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I won't have time this year either. Still renovating house, and I'm running games almost daily so all my creativity gets good use already.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I've been involved in IronDM for almost a decade. In the process, I've become a far better writer - especially since the word limits forced me to use precision instead of volume. I've become a better GM not only through the process of competing, but seeing other GM's process and products. Through competing I've become more resilient to criticism and critique.

Judging changed my perception and process further, adding a layer of analysis and reflection.

The time constraints, ingredients, and competition spark an explosion of creativity that has taken me to places I never would have thought to go and created adventures I don't think would have found a channel any other way.

Do it!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I seriously cannot oversell how fun this can be. Come on, give it a go! How often do you get the opportunity to write adventures (well, adventure treatments, generally speaking) to spec (including word count) on a deadline and then get quality feedback on it?

Remove ads