• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 5 (Holding on clarification)
Initiative
August (7 damage)
Moraine
Barrin
Ferris
Ishmael
Persephone
Nars (7 damage)
Rodimus (4 damage)
Gorefoot (7 damage)

Rodimus is near August, but Barrin and Ferris are between him and Moraine. If he wishes to pick up Audust, he will need to grapple him, then succeed at another grapple attack next round to lift him up, and then throw him in the following round. August doesn't look particularly aerodynamic, either. Is this what you want to try? Also, I might consider speeding this up to take fewer rounds, but at the cost of significant penalties on the grapple check. I should perhaps suggest that throwing one active combatant into one or more others would be a nearly epic accomplishment, something that could only be reliably accomplished on enemies you far outclass, or by virtue of a very specific applicable feat. (Great throw comes to mind, for OA.)

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Ah, so it's August who's closest to him.
Hmm... I think I'll make a proposal to see what others think are approriate modifiers.

Patlin

Explorer
I don't think the proposal will generate anything in the time frame this battle will take, so I'm moving on. For the record, I do have a mechanic in mind. It might be very inadvisable, however.

[Rodimus goes here.]

Charging not being possible with the press of bodies and furniture, Gorefoot circles around and flanks August. Bringing his weapon to bear with a mighty blow, Gorefoot smashes August to the ground.

Round 6 Begins
Initiative
Moraine
Barrin
Ferris
Ishmael
Persephone
Nars (7 damage)
Rodimus (4 damage)
Gorefoot (7 damage)

Moraine again attempts to shoot at Nars through the broken window, but he's moved so close to the window that the shot is nearly impossible. The cover each has prevents an attack of opportunity, but also causes Moraine to miss.

Barrin moves in, circling around Ishmael in an effort to flank. While he tries to be warry, he gives Gorefoot an opportunity to strike at his back (ooc: he fails his tumble check.) Not one to waste such an opportunity, Gorefoot immediately strikes true, dropping a second opponent to the ground.

Ferris withdraws, having lost his support. He now stands beside Moraine.

SlagMortar

First Post
With a grunt, Nars jumps and pulls himself through the window. A gasp of pain escapes his lips as the bolt protruding from his side brushes the window, but he toughs it out.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Smelling victory like a shark smells blood, a voice within Ishmael urges him to a reckless assault. With so many innocents' lives on the line, the halfling aquiesces to the fury.

Ishmael tosses his shield aside and grips Violet with both hands. He utters a warcry and charges Ferris, warhammer held high for a powerful attack.

oog: Power Attack -2
Warhammer +6 1d6+7
AC: 16 bec. of shieldessness and charge. 17 vs. Moraine

Patlin

Explorer
The battle concludes

From Round 5: Rodimus hops over an overturned bar stool, throwing a punch at Ferris. He deals 4 points of damage.

Round 6, continued.

Ishmael's pursuit is immediate, and his shield spins away as he shifts to a two-handed grip on Violet. The hammer whistles by Ferris's head as the rogue ducks out of the way.

Persephone brings her magic into play, dazing Ferris.

Nars moves into the inn, putting himself in a perfect position to flank Ferris with Ishmael.

Rodimus (I'm guessing) follows Ferris and continues his attack, doing another 5 points of damage.

Gorefoot (another guess, to complete the round) also presses the attack, striking Ferris for another 10 points o damage and dropping him to the ground.

The last remaining bandid, seeing he leader a bloody mess on the ground and surrounded by angry adventurers drops her crossbow and hastilly surrenders. "I yield! I yield!"

IcyCool

First Post
As Gorefoot spins to face the remaining bandit, a small amount of blood flies from his sword and splatters accross her. A quiet growl escapes his throat as the wild look in his eyes diminishes. His breathing becomes more normal, and his shoulders sag a little from fatigue. He takes a moment to survey the carnage, and then he remembers the disapproving looks of his companions at the start of the fight. Tired and more than a little ashamed of his reckless attack, Gorefoot cleans his blade and sits down on the floor with his back to the door.

OOC: Sorry about that Patlin. If I lag in combat, you can pretty much assume that Gorefoot attacks the nearest enemy.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus kneels beside the felled Ferris and starts going through the bleeding body's belongings, pocketing minor valuables and putting everything else to a pile next to himself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads