• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

SlagMortar

First Post
With the prisoners unbound and everything appearing in hand, Nars takes a moment to check his wound. It is painful, but appears not be life threatening. He picks up some of the left over bindings of the prisoners and ties Moraine's arms behind her back to a chair (use rope, untrained +13 to bind someone) so she won't be going anywhere until the authorities arrive.

Nars moves over and whispers to Percy (Gorefoot can hear as well) with his eyes downcast. His face turns red as he speaks:
[SBLOCK] Perhaps, ah, that is the sun, er, plenty of daylight. Ah, nevermind.[/SBLOCK]

OOC: Before combat began, the sun was "high in the sky", so I think the current time is middle of the afternoon.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Before combat began, the sun was "high in the sky", so I think the current time is middle of the afternoon.

That is correct.

Persephone's spell does not ferret out any magic amidst the bandits posessions.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"Ah. OK Gorefoot. We'll be moving along then. Perhaps we'll just hang around and have some lunch and wait for the authorities to take away these brigands. Ah..." she turns back to the former captives. "Any idea where they got those horses outside?"

Patlin

Explorer
It takes about an hour to get the inn cleaned up and the kitchen going, but the party is indeed presented with a very nice lunch. If the horses were stolen, as seems likely, there is no indication as to when or from whom. When the local law shows up and hauls away the robbers, they do not appear to be interested in the horses.

"You might as well take them... to the victors go the spoils and all that." The road warden says in an offhand manner. Then, more seriously, he adds "Thank you for stopping the robbery, gentlefolk. It's a good thing you came along when you did."

One of the senior road wardens seems familliar with the Order of the Wooden Sword and comments that Ishmael is a credit to his order. He promises to send a letter to that effect to Ishmaels superior, and asks who that might be.

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

"OK. Well, let's take the horses. Gorefoot, you could probably ride with me. Nars, do you ride horses? Rodimus could take one. Ismael doesn't need any. Perhaps we could donate one or two to the owners of this Inn who suffered such a fright."

Persephone goes out to look at the horses again. She will try to make nice with them to see how docile they are. (handle animal, untrained, +3) She will try to pick out a gentle one that is pretty. Preferably white.

OOC: Are they warhorses? what type? Full gear?

SlagMortar

First Post
"I, er, haven't before. Ah, my legs do me fine, but I see now I'm slowing us all down. I can give it a try. Excuse me, ah, moment." His face drains of color as he steps back into the inn.

Patlin:
[SBLOCK] Nars approaches the owner of the inn and asks for a flask of whiskey for the road. Between getting shot and riding horses, he just has the feeling he may need a little something extra to get him through the day. After he gets it (paying if necessary, but not offering) he will take a swig before steping back outside.[/SBLOCK]

Nars returns from the inn, his color having returned a little. He pales again as he nears the horses. He approaches the shortest horse as if it had 3 fire-breathing heads and rows of razor sharp teeth. "Easy, easy", he says with his hands in front, palms out.

OOC: Handle Animal, untrained, -1.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
The horses are light riding horses. They have full gear, and appear fairly docile. You don't have any trouble handling them.

While Persephone and Gorefoot see to the horses, Nars aproaches the innkeeper with a discreet request. The innkeeper heads over to the bar, and hands something to Nars, saying "With my compliments, Sir!"

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone 4th level human sorceress

Percy picks out a white palfry.

OOC: Paitlin, let me know if I assumed too much there, but that would be Percy's horse of choice. I'll add it to her CS.

"I think I'll call you Gwendolyn." Percy strokes her neck gently.

"Gorefoot, be a dear and fetch us some apples or carrots from the innkeeper. Hold on Nars. Let's give them a little treat before we try to mount them. Ismael, perhaps you can help Nars."

Assuming we are able to eventually mount up and proceed, our speed will now be increased, and we will proceed towards the woods.

Patlin

Explorer
Winning over the horses with treats, you begin to grow accustomed to them as you travel onward. Over the next two days, you visit the enchanter to collect the prizes promised by Rilithorne (which you should now add to your character sheets) and move on to the Faerie Woods. As you ride into the woods, you feel a sense of foreboding. To all of your senses, these wioods seem peacefull. Some other sense, one you can't put your finger on, tells you that you have left behind the lands of men.

Persephone believes this feeling is brought about by an unusually strong aura of magic, but unfortunately whatever the source of this palpable aura of power, it does not seem to benefit her art.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads