• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy

Percy gazes about at the woods with wonder. "What a place. Spooky, but I kinda like it. I guess we just need to try to find someone who might know where the human Druid named Fasroth lives. Or anyone else who knew the Fairbloods."

SlagMortar

First Post
Thoughout the afternoon, Nars rides stiff backed and hanging on for dear life. The only thing that saves him is his natural agility. As they set up camp the first night, Nars has discovered the meaning of saddle sore. He mutters, "Lucky only half a day. Course tomorrow will be all day." as he barks a short bitter laugh. "What I need is a, er, chariot, or some other, ah, machine with no horse at all." He sits that night constantly shuffling to try find a comfortable spot. Every so often he slips his hand inside his cloak and retrieves a flask, taking a quick pull.

Eventually the soreness leaves his muscles (or he quits taking notice) and he's able to get some rest.

The second day he begins to get the hang of staying on the horse without turning his knuckles white. It will never be comfortable but it is not quite so bad as the previous day.

As they enter the magical woods, a frown already imprinted on his face deepens further. "Horses and n-now my beard feels like it, er, is gonna stand on end."

IcyCool

First Post
As he and his companions ride into the Faerie Woods, the hairs on the back of Gorefoots neck stand on end. He squirms with discomfort in the saddle and then says, "This place is creepy."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Rodimus eyes his horse for a moment before mounting it the first time. Then he states matter-of-factly "Snack" and hops on his new steed.

At the woods, he keeps eyeing the surroundings warily, and focuses on trying to hear anything out of place.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
oog: Sorry about the delay, y'all. Finals week and all that.
oog2: Manzanita, I've looked over Percy. She only needs Knight Otu's approval for 4th level.

As Ishmael rides into the woods with Courage, also affected by the eerie aura of these wildlands.

He concentrates and thinks back to the inn at the time of their victory. Instantly, he regrets the action and is stricken by sorrow.

"I am sorry, RoadWarden. My master, Sir Mazan, is no longer on this World. I am currently on a quest of vengeance against his killer. By your goodwill is not at all wasted, milord.

Simply spread the news that the Wooden Sword does not at all sleep and that it still protects those in need. That is reward enough for this humble halfling."

After he said this, Ishmael continues with his duties, responsible but feeling Hollow in rememberance of his loss.

Ishmael bows his head and lets himself fall to the party's rear. He brings himself back to the present, attempting in vain to cast aside this new wave of depression. He focuses his supernatural perceptions and searches this area of the woods for Evil.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
While Ishmael does not sense evil nearby, he recalls the warning he was given by his mentor -- Many things that walk this earth have no evil in their heart, yet can still be a danger to godly men.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Sensing no Evil in the area, Ishmael foolishly drops his guard. He concentrates inward and replays the awful memories of his past over and over.

His master's warning crosses his thoughts but leaves no mark upon the sorrow-stricken halfling.

oog: Assume that Ishmael is distracted (-5 to listen and spot checks). Until something shakes him out of it.

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone continues chatting gaily with Gorefoot. "Gosh. I'm so glad I got Gwendolyn here. And she matchs Fridly so well. Maybe I should start wearing white too. It gets dirty so fast, but I think I've developed a spell to clean them off periodically."

"You know Gorefoot, when I introduce you your name sounds so foreboding. Perhaps you should consider adopting a friendlier name. Like Henry. What do you think." Her voice lowers. "And perhaps that would cheer up Sir Ishmael over there."

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
"You know Gorefoot, when I introduce you your name sounds so foreboding. Perhaps you should consider adopting a friendlier name. Like Henry. What do you think." Her voice lowers. "And perhaps that would cheer up Sir Ishmael over there."

Gorefoot shrugs his shoulders at Persephone's question. "It's a name that was given to me. I had another name once. But you can give me a new name, if you want. I don't like Henry though." He realizes that this is the most he's spoken to someone in a long time and quiets down hoping he didn't something foolish, like he used to. The embarrassed flush in his cheeks is thankfully hidden by the dirt and his mop of unruly hair.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars rides hunched over still clutching the horse tightly. The eerie feeling causes him to periodically glance over his shoulder. He's wound so tight that everytime he does so, he sways in the saddle, threatening to be spilled onto the ground, muttering curses, "goblin steel", "rusted hinges" and so on. He is so absorbed in watching the woods and rigidly riding his horse that he fails to notice Ishmael's meloncholy mood.

OOC: Would Sir Ishmael have used Lay on Hands during the two days travel between now and the end of the fight? Nars, Gorefoot, and Rodimus were wounded for 7, 7, and 4 points respectively. Two nights rest should knock 2 of that for each, but they are still injured.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads