• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Ngoya groans as she ancient weapon strikes her shoulder. She takes aim as her vision blurs and fires a shot at the leader again.

[sblock=oh dear] 1d20+6=8 didn't bother with damage roll. :p [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jeremiah

Jeremiah fires his crossbow at the lead Orc on the bike, while moving to find some cover, preferably by the injured Ngoya.

[sblock=Details]1d20+2=19, 1d8=4 Hits AC19 for 4 damage![/sblock][sblock=Mini Stat Block]Init: +0
Senses: Darkvision 60'
Passive Perception: 12
Ability Scores: STR 12 (+1), DEX 11 (+0), CON 14 (+2), INT 15 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

DEFENSE
AC: 16 (14 from Scale Mail armor, +2 from Shield)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Hit Dice: 1d8 x 1
Saves: Str +1, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +2*, Wis +4*, Cha +3*
*Advantage on INT, WIS, or CHA saves versus magic.

OFFENSE
Speed: 25ft
Melee:
Mace +3 ATK, 1d6+1 Bludgeoning
Dagger +3 ATK, 1d4+1 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Ranged:
Dagger +2 ATK, 1d4+0 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Light Crossbow +2 ATK, Range 80/320 ft, 1d8 Piercing damage (Ammo x20, loading, 2 handed)
Sacred Flame +4 ATK, Range 60ft, visible target makes DC 12 DEX save or takes 1d8 Radiant damage (with no benefit from cover).

Spellcasting: (Primary Ability: WIS, Spell Save DC: 12, Spell Attack Bonus: +4)

Cantrips:
0-Light
0-Mending
0-Sacred Flame

Spells Prepared: (Cleric level 1 + INT mod +2 = 3 per day)
1-Cure Wounds
1-Create or Destroy Water
1-Purify Food & Drink
D1-Command
D1-Identify

Spell Slots:
Level 1= 2/2[/sblock]

Last edited:

Guang

Explorer
Shooting from hiding (and presumably still unseen) at the Orc on the bike.
attack: [roll0] vs. AC 19
(DM: with the quote on the other thread, not sure since the wording in previous posts seems to indicate I have not yet been seen, so another roll just in case I have advantage: [roll1])
If hit, [roll2]

Guang

Explorer
"Thok!" another arrow slams into the Orc.
OOC: Am I within 20 feet? Would like to know my options on knife throwing

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: I derped and didn't make the Wisdom save for the Orc Biker vs. Din Din's fey presence.

Orc Biker Wisdom save (1d20=4)

Jacobim's eldritch blast goes wide as does Ngoya's arrow. Jeremiah has more luck, managing to puncture the orc's thick leather jacket with a crossbow bolt. Kini likewise manages to nail the orc leader.

OOC: Initiative Order

19 - Orc Biker (frightened until end of Din Din's next turn - disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while Din Din is within line of sight, can't willingly move closer to Din Din; cursed by Jacobim - disadvantage on Strength ability checks, takes an extra d6 damage from Jacobim's attacks) - 12 damage
16 - Andus
14 - 6 Bandits (Bandit 1 - 1 damage)
12 - Din Din
12 - 5 Recruits (1 killed by a bandit)
8 - Ngoya - 8 damage
7 - Jeremiah
5 - Kini
3 - Jacobim (maintaining concentration on Hex)

The lead orc snarls and revs his engine loudly before circling around in a wide circle, avoiding Gareth and heading back toward his gang, bellowing in orcish at them.

[sblock=Orc translation for Kini and Ngoya]Kill the damn mages![/sblock]

Andus pulls his longbow and fires at one of the rifle wielding bandits. Unfortunately, his skill with the bow leaves much to be desired. He moves to cover Jacobim from the bandits fire.

Andus attack and damage (1d20=2, 1d8=1)

Five of the bandits, including the two rifle wielders, follow orders. The last one, injured by one of the recruits, seeks revenge against the recruit that shot him instead. One rifle wielder fires at Gareth, the other at Andus. Two arrows come at Andus, while the third aims for Gareth.

Rifle attacks, one vs Gareth, one vs Andus (1d20+1=11, 1d8=2, 1d20+1=8, 1d8=3)
Bow wielding bandits attack and damage; 1 vs a recruit, 2 vs Andus, 1 vs Gareth (1d20+1=9, 1d8+1=9, 1d20+1=8, 1d8+1=2, 1d20+1=21, 1d8+1=9, 1d20+1=9, 1d8+1=6)

Both of the rifle shots miss, scorching the ruined walls near Gareth and Andus. Most of the arrows miss as well...except one. Jacobim has the pleasure of witnessing an arrow head suddenly emerge from Andus's back. The poor fellow falls backward from the force of the impact. He manages to croak out a faint, "I'm sorry...milord...I...failed," before dying at Jacobim's feet.

OOC: Din Din is up!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Din Din realizes the shots being fired are aimed mostly at Jacobim and himself. Aiming his wand at the lead orc, he fires a blast of magical energy similar to that of the other noble but more greenish in colour. Immediately afterwards, he moves away from this spot, looking for something to hide behind while remaining in sight of the orc.

OOC: Eldritch blast: 1d20+5=17, 1d10=10

Remove ads