• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Din Din nails the lead orc, almost causing him to fall off his motorcycle.

Evander, one of the four remaining recruits, yells to the others, "Concentrate fire on the rifles!" He points to the left hand rifleman and the recruits aim and fire.

Recruits attack and damage (1d20=8, 1d8=1, 1d20=20, 1d8=2, 1d20=13, 1d8=8, 1d20=11, 1d8=1)

Unfortunately, their lack of skill means only one of them actually scores a hit, grazing the rifleman's shoulder.

OOC: Ngoya, Jeremiah, Kini, and Jacobim are up!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: I am assuming that the lead orc is still in the fight

Jacobim addresses Andus "You have not failed me my friend and I will avenge you; go in peace", he then thinks to himself you have proven your loyalty and served your purpose, you will be hard to replace. Jacobim takes note of the recruit that showed leadership, and continues thinking to himself if Andus cannot be helped, you are the one that shall replace him.

Jacobim will move to a nearby tree to fins cover, and proceeds to blast the orc.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Hugging her cover Ngoya grimaces as she slams her shoulder into the side of the ancient vehicle. As an arrow flies overhead and she hears a wet thud from behind her. Sparing a brief glance she sees Andus fall. Oh no!

"They have been ordered to target mages!" she calls out loudly. "Get behind cover!"

She quickly ducks up from behind the rusted hulk and fires her shot at the wounded rifleman and whilst it is in flight she ducks back down.

[sblock=ooc] Ngoya uses half her movement action to pop up and fire her arrow as her action then use her remaining movement to duck back down.

1d20+6=25, 1d6+4=5

[/sblock]

Guang

Explorer
"One down on our side and one down on theirs. This is serious." Kini muttered as he looses another arrow at the leftmost rifleman.
Attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jeremiah

The gnome runs over to Ngoya while ducking low to try and avoid drawing any fire. He reaches up with a cleanish rag that he pulls out of his pocket and whispers at Ngoya, "Let me treat the wound real quick. I've got some healing supplies here." He slaps the rag over the wound and rubs on it some while muttering something under his breath. Whatever he's using must be helping deaden the pain, because Ngoya suddenly barely feels anything from the wound at all. "There, that should be better."

[sblock=Details]Deception roll to pretend he's not casting a spell: 1d20+1=18
Cure Wounds roll: 1d8+2=9 heals 9 hp!
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stat Block]Init: +0
Senses: Darkvision 60'
Passive Perception: 12
Ability Scores: STR 12 (+1), DEX 11 (+0), CON 14 (+2), INT 15 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

DEFENSE
AC: 16 (14 from Scale Mail armor, +2 from Shield)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Hit Dice: 1d8 x 1
Saves: Str +1, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +2*, Wis +4*, Cha +3*
*Advantage on INT, WIS, or CHA saves versus magic.

OFFENSE
Speed: 25ft
Melee:
Mace +3 ATK, 1d6+1 Bludgeoning
Dagger +3 ATK, 1d4+1 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Ranged:
Dagger +2 ATK, 1d4+0 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Light Crossbow +2 ATK, Range 80/320 ft, 1d8 Piercing damage (Ammo x20, loading, 2 handed)
Sacred Flame +4 ATK, Range 60ft, visible target makes DC 12 DEX save or takes 1d8 Radiant damage (with no benefit from cover).

Spellcasting: (Primary Ability: WIS, Spell Save DC: 12, Spell Attack Bonus: +4)

Cantrips:
0-Light
0-Mending
0-Sacred Flame

Spells Prepared: (Cleric level 1 + INT mod +2 = 3 per day)
1-Cure Wounds
1-Create or Destroy Water
1-Purify Food & Drink
D1-Command
D1-Identify

Spell Slots:
Level 1= 1/2[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Both riflemen go down and the bandit archers look to their leader nervously, who has suffered serious injuries himself. He grunts and signals a retreat, then roars away on his mechanical wheeled demon. His men run.

Andus lies dead, as does one of the other recruits. Evander approaches the group while the others attend to the bodies, "What now?"

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Trotting over to where the two riflemen fell, Ngoya starts to examine the bodies for weapons, equipment and any identification markings they may have. After bringing whatever she finds back to the others she moves over to Andus and dipping a finger to his wound she places a small dab of blood into her mouth, repeating the process with the other fallen recruit.

"Now they will always travel with us." she murmurs to herself. Turning to what is left of the band she asks, "I can follow them to make sure they do not double back with re-inforcements? If nothing else, we cannot remain here."

Remove ads