• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Everybody get back, he is about to explode!" Amisi calls out as she takes cover down the alleyway she is standing near.

Fenris

Adventurer
Korgon watches as the man falls backwards, his eyes now merely hollow sockets of fire. He blinks. This kind of magic was very new to him, but despite the fact that his brain was having some trouble processing whatever was going on, his instincts knew when trouble was afoot and before he even realized it himself, he was sprinting away.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

FafnirAvatar.jpg
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: longsword
[/sblock]
Castagyr uttered a curse under his breath. He realized on his own that something was wrong and the others confirming it by translating the dying man’s words only confirmed.

“This cannot be good.”

The paladin turned and ran to the nearest cover, intending to put a wall or corner of a building between himself and the explosion if at all possible.

[sblock=Actions]Run away, run awaaaaay![/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Combat rounds are done. Going to assume that Lenya stays clear of the blast and move back to regular posting.

The ruffian leader explodes in a magical ball of fire, scorching the street and the front of the dock workers boarding house. The blast has a 20 foot radius so Felix, about 30 feet away from the epicenter, feels the heat but is unhurt.

Most of the bodies of the slain ruffians are burnt nearly to ash and there is nearly nothing left of the ruffian leader himself. Unfortunately, the two ruffians knocked out by Felix are also caught in the blast and burned to a very dead crisp. The only intact body (other than the damage inflicted that killed him) is the crossbow wielding assassin who was on the balcony.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Veer moves back closer again, but not too close. He holds a hand over his nose and mouth and looks queasy.
"That's... that's terrible," he says. "Why would anyone do that? He, um, he was saying an Elvish death oath. What's going on? None of this makes any sense." He looks around at the group. "Is anyone hurt? I can, well, um, help with that."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Elvish death oath. Did he look elvish to any one here?" inquires Markus, Then looking to Lenya he asks, "Do you know of anything about these death curses?" He clearly is mot making any judgmental assumptions.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amish steps out from the alleyway where she took cover. "Well, we don't know who he really was. The actual leader is here, dead in the alley." She returns to where the body is and tries to look it over. The whole person exploding thing had sobered her up quickly.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"What . . . . .?" Markus looks back and forth between Amisi and the center of the explosion.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Perhaps you didn't hear me earlier my friend, but when I started to chase the attackers down the alleyway, I saw their leader there. Well, here. Come and see for yourself." Amisi walks down the alley to check out the body, to see if she can figure out how there could be two of them at once.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads