D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Castagyr

OOC: Castagyr wasn't evicted...everyone but Amisi, Korgon, and Markus had been called away and I assumed Castagyr would have some business to take care of in the market square in order to set up his scene. Presumably Castagyr will rejoin the others once he's able.

Sakai doesn't seem to notice her name being called at first, her reaction delayed for a moment. She finally turns and looks around to see who addressed her, her eyes settling on Castagyr. Castagyr notices that she is carrying the same case containing the rare Goblin's Kiss flowers she was carrying last night. In a terse tone she says, "Yes? Is there something I can do for you? I'm sorry, I'm in a bit of a hurry." Its clear she doesn't recognize him.

At the Corps of Magi Estate

OOC: You have three, possibly four angles of investigation to pursue it seems. How do you intend to pursue those angles? Keep in mind that the Deva ambassador is due to arrive in the morning and Felix and Markus will be expected to be there, supervising security at the VIP docks in the Blue District.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

FafnirAvatar.jpg
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]
Castagyr looked puzzled. They had spent much time together and Sakai's behavior was passing strange.

“Yes, milady you can do something for me. You can tell me why you are carrying those flowers around. And what is going on that must pretend that you do not know me.”

He was carrying the lance in his left hand, the point up into the sky like the weapon was a walking stick. But he moved closer as he sensed something was off and just not right.

Castagyr's Insight Check (15)
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, GM. After you advanced the scene, I did not see any reason why Castagyr was alone in the market place when he was supposed to be trying to get closer to Amisi. He has no reason to go shopping (cannot think why you would assume he would do that anyway), so I concluded that the hospitality was only for the night. I don't know why you had him leave the Magi Corps to put me roleplaying by myself again, but that is how I interpret things IC and OOC.[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi addresses Veer. "Dell Varner you say? Yes, that's familiar. I believe he arrived in the city yesterday on the same boat as I, and some of the others, did."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"What's this about Dell Varner? Do you know something Veer?" Felix asks. "A recent arrival to our fair city could be important."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Castagyr

Sakai frowns, "I'm sorry, of course I remember you now. You must forgive me, I haven't been sleeping well. However, what I do with my belongings, is my business and none of yours. Good day to you."

She turns and begins walking away, hurriedly. Castagyr is fairly certain she is lying about remembering him, however.

The Corps of Magi Estate

Adail approaches Amisi and Markus, "If you see that dragonborn fellow, please do apologize to him for me. I asked him to leave earlier so the servants could clean the rooms and I think he mistook me to say that I was kicking him out entirely. I never could fathom dragonborn...their faces are so hard to read, what with all the scales and such."

OOC: So, what's the plan? Investigate Varner or pursue another angle or just wait until the Deva ambassador arrives tomorrow (in game)?

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya looks around the group one more, then turns most of her attention to Felix. "I suppose our next steps are dependent upon the demands of your assignments- mostly because I think we should work together on whatever we are doing. Given that we have had several attempts now to target some of us as individuals, I think we might be wise to stick together. So if your assignments and preparations will keep you busy, then consider some of us as your apprentices or assistants for the next day or so; if you end up having free time from your work, then perhaps we might try to track down some of the other loose ends, like this 'Dell Varner' fellow from yesterday?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Has Lenya told us about this yet? I didn't see it anywhere...

Lenya, meanwhile, realizes quickly that the assassin on the balcony was not a docks worker like the others. He is human and well equipped with leather armor, a crossbow and a case full of crossbow bolts, a short sword and dagger, and a guild insignia of some sort tattooed behind his ear, hidden by his hair. The guild sign is a raven feather with fluid dripping from it - the drops could represent blood or poison - the tattoo is grey so its hard to tell.

Remove ads