D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"so, the windswords were possibly why the eldrich knights were formed. Maybe" postulates Markus.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi lifts her head from its spot on the table. "Well, someone has to get out there and find out about these Blood Ravens and Windswords. As I mentioned yesterday to some of you, someone I trust also said there was to be some sort of assassination attempt. We should check and see if there are any upcoming events that might make any Ambassadors easy targets. Where else could we look for these assassins?" She pauses to have a sip of tea before continuing, "Why would they try to take the place of that particular man last night? Did someone earlier see our little altercation with them at the docks? Also, someone specifically said kill," she clears her throat, "The mages. Could someone else in the Corp be the target?"

Fenris

Adventurer
*Cough*

"Ahem. Maybe, me?"

*cough*

Korgon grins and pounds Markus on the back. "Sure buddy. Of course you. Everyone is scared of you so of course you would be a target. Big, scary mage and all." Korgon sees the look on Markus's face and gives him a little joking shake "come on Markus that was funny right?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Amisi does not come out of her room until later in the morning, where Korgon finds her nursing a headache at the dining room table. "Well, last night was exciting. I'm not really sure how I ended up in that condition, I didn't think I drank too much but I suppose trying this drink and that added up. How are you feeling today?"

Korgon laughs. "Was it the drink or the fight? Hell that was a typical night for me. Well, not really. Usually I don't use the axe" he laughs.

"I am doing just fine little minnow. You though look like everything is on top and nothing is handy. I think you need some hair o' the dog though eh? No, ok how about some coffee or tea."
Korgon gets up and brews up a strong cup of tea for Amisi and brings it back.

He leans back against the table, his elbows behind him, resting on the top and Amisi sips at her tea. "Now back to you. Seems like your first sally with grog didn't go as you planned. Or maybe it did." he grins. "what made you want to jumps in with both feets like that?"

Scotley

Hero
"Well, Markus and I are tasked with preventing any incidents with the arrival of a dignitary. Perhaps the bad guys are thinking that the Mage Corps represents the biggest threat to their success in an assassination. I'm thinking they might have been trying to take the knights off the board so they can get at the queen as it were." He glances at Markus and smiles. "No offense Markus, but I really don't have a problem with them seeing you as a bigger threat than me."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"You guys just haven't seen a mage at his worst." His smile is thin, like that of a jungle cat considering the best portion to eat first.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Indeed, that may be some of it," Lenya said after a few moments of thought. "It may not be you specifically, but any mage- and your uniforms make you obvious targets. The Wind Swords, certainly, would be aware of what powers a mage can bring to bear- they might worry that you can pierce their disguises, for one thing, and if they would employ an item to hide their thoughts they must particularly fear the sort of magic which can read the mind or see at a distance. I suppose, if we are to continue this hunt, then we must take particular care to protect those who wield magic in our cause..."

It felt strange, in a way, to use words like "we" and "our" to include humans (not to mention the tiefling and dragonborn who might be allies in this hunt as well...)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Korgon laughs. "Was it the drink or the fight? Hell that was a typical night for me. Well, not really. Usually I don't use the axe" he laughs.

"I am doing just fine little minnow. You though look like everything is on top and nothing is handy. I think you need some hair o' the dog though eh? No, ok how about some coffee or tea."
Korgon gets up and brews up a strong cup of tea for Amisi and brings it back.

He leans back against the table, his elbows behind him, resting on the top and Amisi sips at her tea. "Now back to you. Seems like your first sally with grog didn't go as you planned. Or maybe it did." he grins. "what made you want to jumps in with both feets like that?"

A light blush covers Amisi's cheeks, "Well, no, not exactly as I had planned, I suppose." She pauses, staring into the teacup as she rolls it in her hands, considering her words. "Believe it or not, I lived a rather sheltered life before starting my training as a mage. Even then, I did not really train with the other mages..." She stops short, perhaps having said too much. "I just haven't had much of a chance to go out like that. Not alone, not with friends." She looks up from her tea and finally smiles. "My new friends. I was just getting tired of not having any fun. I was lucky to meet all of you."

"Indeed, that may be some of it," Lenya said after a few moments of thought. "It may not be you specifically, but any mage- and your uniforms make you obvious targets. The Wind Swords, certainly, would be aware of what powers a mage can bring to bear- they might worry that you can pierce their disguises, for one thing, and if they would employ an item to hide their thoughts they must particularly fear the sort of magic which can read the mind or see at a distance. I suppose, if we are to continue this hunt, then we must take particular care to protect those who wield magic in our cause..."

It felt strange, in a way, to use words like "we" and "our" to include humans (not to mention the tiefling and dragonborn who might be allies in this hunt as well...)

Amisi sips her tea before she speaks again. "Well, we have much to look into, it's a wide net we must cast considering we do not know the target yet. Where should we start? Felix, I would imagine you have the best network for finding information."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Veer had left early in the morning and hadn't been seen by the others over breakfast, but as the group is discussing the past night's event he re-appears, looking flustered as ever.

"I, er, good morning," he says. "I, er, yes, sorry for the intrusion but I thought you might be the people to ask. Does, er, does the name Dell Varner mean anything to any of you? I, er, thought I heard him mentioned last night, but, well, you know..." He shrugs apologetically. "What with it being so busy and all."

Remove ads