D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Fenris

Adventurer
Korgon grunts "Well at least we know why they picked the fight with Leyna. I suppose his compensation was a quick death huh? I think he should have held out for more". Korgon grins at his own morbid joke.

"I don't know about you all, but I could use another hot meal and a soft bed. But I would settle for stale bread and rocking deck if need be. In any case, I don't know how much more we will find here, so I am heading back to bunk. Felix, you may want to get some o' yer guardsmen to get out here and clean this up before the shops open and the rumors and panic starts." adds Korgon, letting the dire warning hang in the air behind him as he hefts his axe over his shoulder and saunters down the street, whistling a sailing song.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Don't be so gloomy,Korgon " says Markus as the warrior walks away, "I need to rest to get my spells back so sleep is a great idea. He looks to the others and continues, "The housing invitation is open to all here, as Amisi has given. Korgon, if you prefer a ship's deck, I understand, but the invitation stands."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Don't be so gloomy,Korgon " says Markus as the warrior walks away, "I need to rest to get my spells back so sleep is a great idea. He looks to the others and continues, "The housing invitation is open to all here, as Amisi has given. Korgon, if you prefer a ship's deck, I understand, but the invitation stands."

Korgon turns around, walking backwards towards the house. "Oh no my friend. I be neither gloomy nor headed to the docks.. I intend to take full advantage of the offer Markus, I am just saying that I would take a deck if need be. But our most gracious hostess Amisi has offered such fine accommodations and food, how could I refuse." says Korgon with a half bow. "Not to mention flagons and flagons of ale!" he adds with a shout, before laughing as he turns around again and continues on his way.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi watches Korgon walk away laughing. She looks over the dead body before her and all her friends and new acquaintances surrounding her. Suddenly, exhaustion hits her like a sack of flour.

She clears her throat and looks slightly embarrassed. "Well, Castagyr, it seems you may have saved me from an arrow in the back. For that I am grateful. Thank you." She starts to walk away with the others but stops. "Do you have a place to stay? It seems we've filled our halls with life again, so another couple of people will just add to the company. We have a large, safe, comfortable place for to you to sleep. And Lenya? You turned us down earlier but perhaps your plans have changed? Either way, it's time for bed for me. It's been a long day." She begins to follow Korgon and Markus.

She stops suddenly and looks down at the note in her hand. "Hmmm. Can either of you," she waves towards Lenya and Castagyr, "Recall who was on the boat with you? Because if this note was from today, when you got off the boat the commotion was started." She turns on a heel, "Veer, weren't you on that boat also?" She calls up to Felix and gives him a look, "Can you get a manifest with the names of who was on the boat that arrived today?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*Yawn* " I have to clear my mind." Markus stops moving and closes his eyes. That proves to be a mistake as he wobbles on his feet. He quickly opens his eyes and looks about.

"Felix, will there be a problem with letting the guard take over?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya bowed slightly to Amisi, and then to the group at large. "While I appreciate the offer of hospitality, I must return to the embassy once we are done here. What we have seen and heard, I must report- if some is using the words of a renegade war-clan, or if they are operating here in truth, it bears upon all my people. And it may be that the Ambassador, wise as she is, may have advice that will help us untangle this mystery. I sleep but little, though, and if I am permitted I will meet at your lodgings in the morning, with whatever information I have found."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I, I was., says Veer to Amisi. "But I don't remember much about the other people. I mean, uh, Casta .., er Castagyr here was the most noticeable to me, because, of, well, you know." He flaps a bit, awkwardly. "I mean, that's really nice of you to invite me to stay," he says. "If, er, if you've got a room I'll take it, the Ambassador threw me out. I guess I ought to warn him if there are assassins about, but he really didn't want to be disturbed, and he's got to be pretty used to assassination attempts by now. Maybe he'd prefer me to warn him in the morning"[/QUOTE]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

FafnirAvatar.jpg
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]
Castagyr had his typically stoic expression and merely nodded to once again confirm the information about the assassin when Amisi asked. But the reason was unknown to him and he did not try to answer that question.

At the invitation the dragonborn paladin inclined his head and said graciously, “Thank you for the hospitality. As it happens I am in need of a place to stay.”

With an arched eyebrow ridge, he listened as Veer stammered. Then he added, “I cannot tell you much of any other passengers either. I was in conversation with Sakai and not paying any attention to the other people outside of her team from the Explorer’s League.”

Scotley

Hero
Felix comments, "Indeed, I am done in by this rather long day and evening and shall seek rest as well. Perhaps we could gather again in the morning? I plan to speak higher authorities and may gain some insights." He doesn't sound very hopeful, but it isn't clear if this is exhaustion or lack of faith in his superiors.

Remove ads