The Flash - Official Trailer #2

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Keaton elevates everything, but man, there are going to be some Batman fans who are going to object to this trailer. Not one, but two Batmen suggest they may have been a little misguided.

And, of course, if they defeat Zod without killing him, the Snyder fanboys are going to go crazy as well.

Otherwise, this looks better than it deserves to, but I am ready for this era of DC films to end. Everything doesn't need to be at 11 all the time and I don't think DC characters in particular work without showing them in a more normal environment for much of the time.

Superman seems more super when he gets stuck drinking the terrible coffee Jimmy Olsen scorched in the Daily Planet's break room and when bank robbers' bullets are pinging off his chest. It doesn't have to be 24/7 fighting with peers, who should be exceptionally rare, by definition.

This is an HBO Max watch for me, not a theatrical one.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
looks like its going to be a good Batman movie.
it amuses me greatly that DC is putting Batman into everything, but this ensemble looks like its going to give some nice action and a few twists and turns to the story.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
looks like its going to be a good Batman movie.
it amuses me greatly that DC is putting Batman into everything, but this ensemble looks like its going to give some nice action and a few twists and turns to the story.
Batman is DC Comics' equivalent of bacon: By god, they are going to add it to everything, even if it makes no damned sense, just in case it boosts sales. (And it almost always boosts sales.)

This is an HBO Max watch for me, not a theatrical one.
This.

As someone on another site said "This looks like the kind of movie that gives you a headache", and I immediately knew what they meant. There are some incredibly bombastic movies where you just know (or I just know) I'll be walking out of there with my head hurting, and not at all in a good way.

Please turn things down from 11, film-makers.

I too hope Gunn will do things differently but whilst most of his work isn't like that - even The Suicide Squad wasn't - GotG3 looks a bit like it might be, which is slightly worrying (GotG 1/2 weren't though, not quite).
Superman seems more super when he gets stuck drinking the terrible coffee Jimmy Olsen scorched in the Daily Planet's break room and when bank robbers' bullets are pinging off his chest.
Absolutely.

And this is why we've had THREE successful Superman TV series (Lois & Clark, Smallville and Superman & Lois) where for like 90%+ of the show, Superman isn't doing super-things, he's Clark Kent'ing it and be a good person. I mean, it's a tribute to how much I like Superman & Lois that I've been able to sit through two entire seasons of annoying teenagers and Tyler Hoechlin as a particularly good Superman behaviour-wise is a big part of that (even if he has to wear a padded muscle suit, I'd rather accurate personality, fake muscles, than accurate muscles, fake-seeming personality as we got with the Snyderverse version).

Remove ads