• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North

Rath Lorien

First Post
Anniston replies with a disarming voice and gentle maner, "I agree, Vorian, this desolate place is well north of the normal shipping routes, but in our case I believe our ship was brought here by unnatural means. Kellson's ship may have suffered a similar fate. There is a time for suspicion and there is a time for trust. I believe we find ourselves in the later situation."

"Kellson, if the Light has brought you here along with the rest of us to this infernal event, then I believe you have some part to play and I welcome you."

"The tent is not ours. It has magical properties which you yourself can witness if you step into it. If you can help us collapse this tent then it might come in handy later. We are champions of the Light and the black wizards attacked us because we are enemies and we would see them dead just as they would see us dead. We believe they came here in pusuit of a tome of unspeakable darkenss. I believe we were brought here by the Light to stop them."

"As Bertrand said, if you travel with us you risk running into this cult again. I, for one, plan to fight them wherever we find them."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian

Nodding slightly to Anniston

You are right, Anniston, but I'm used to traveling alone in hostile environment. I can safely approach you as I saw you battle with heathens, if it were not so, I wouldn't be so quick to approach you. And if you didn't see me battling those spellcasters, wouldn't it be prudent for you to assume I'm a threat until proven otherwise?

I'm sorry if I seem suspicious Kellson, it's a bad habbit out of harsh life. I implore you to answer. I won't hold it against you if you don't answer, but it is not my intention to offend, just to clear things up.

If and when Kellson answers
And while we are resting, maybe we can clear matters a bit. Who or what are those casters and what about the boy and the book?

OOC: I'm rushing this a little since I won't be able to post until next week tuesday. Consider Vorian busy tending his companions, listening about the book, scouring the surrounding area and generaly being around without speaking. If we start the trekk back to the camp, Vorian ranges in front and flanks of the party.

[sblock=For DM]
Having overland move 80, Delilah can easily keep pace with others even when side-tracking.
[/sblock]

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

"Well met, Kellson. Vorian." Jaroth nods at both of them.

Jaroth seems really distracted, running things over in his mind.

After a while, he speaks.

"This is all very difficult for me to grasp, friends. I've been trying to figure it out in my mind. I think--I think I summoned an elder god."

He looks at each of them to judge their reaction.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

Jaroth notes a brief moment of shock on Bertrand's face followed by a knowing smile. Bertrand thinks to himself, poor fellow, all that electricity has fried his brain. Better keep a close eye on him until he recovers fully.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian

Smiles.

Mortals do not summon gods. They either come when invoked or they don't. Summoning implies some kind of control over them.

You said yourself, the storm was NOT of your making, there is no need for you to take the blame for it or any effect that followed. If anything, you should take credit because you, by taking considerable personal risk because it was beyond your power, saved your companions.

After you rest and have time to reflect on it you'll see there is nothing to feel guilty about.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Cove

The Aftternoon soon turns warm and the party is refreshed with the return of the sun and warmth. Soon Rendee announces that lunch is ready and holds open the tent door for the group. Entering,the party sees the table spread with an assortment of cheese and fruit as well as a large bowl of salad. A platter containg perhaps fifteen grilled sea bas sits in the center of the table.

For Vorian
[sblock]The wolfhound can sense no evil about the boy[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

Taking a place at the table, Bertrand notes, "Given that we seemed to have saved de Sion from the clutches of evil, I don't think he will object too strongly at our making free with his larder." Bertrand waits for one of the more devout to make a blessing over the food before digging in.

Rhun

First Post
Vadric sets down at the table, after divesting himself of his shield, helmet and sword. He eats quietly, somewhat concerned about his companion's comments about having summoned an elder god. It was not something that the priest of the Light liked the sound of.

ethandrew

First Post
Kellson takes a step back amid the accusations, a confused look on his young face. When Anniston disarms the tension, he relaxes a little, but defensiveness can still be heard in his voice, "I helped by sending those big bursts of flame. It got like three of them, but I don't think it killed them. But then I jumped myself away since they came to chase me. Anyway, I was aboard the Water Lark, heading toward Westmarch when the storm hit. A few of us survived, but the small row we escaped in capsized as well, and I was the only one to last that." He looks a little upset about this fact, but continues along, "As for proof of my non-meanness? I don't know how to prove that to you. I can go show you the wreckage from the ship back there, I guess." He points behind him to nothing in particular, just along the coastline.

Dracomeander

First Post
While the others eat, Finnian busies himself with his dulcimer trying to compose something worthy of the preceding events. He weaves a couple of small spells into his singing to relieve himself of some of the residual aches.

As the lunch is winding down, Finnian will rejoin the others at the table to try and gather their perspectives of the events.

To Vorian and Kellson:"So what was it specifically that drew you to us when you saw the violence of the storm over the cove?
"Kelson, your name is very auspicious for one who claims to be blessed with power. Did you spend much time in the land of Kell? You seem rather young to be out wandering on your own. What drew you to travel and where is your home and family?"

To Jaroth:"You say you encountered an Elder God during the storm. What makes you think you were the one to rouse it? I noticed you were using some rather old forms to try to enhance your powers. Where did you learn about them and are they why you believe the elder being appeared? Which elder one did you encounter?"

[sblock]
Finnian casts two Cure Moderates on himself while composing. 38 pts healing.
AC 18 HP 67 / 99
Spells Available 3, 5, 1, 1
[/sblock]

Remove ads