• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North

Dracomeander

First Post
Finnian offers his remaining cures one last time before retiring. After resting, Finnian will find a quiet spot in an unoccupied room to relax and pull out his harp for some quiet contemplation.

[sblock=For DM]When Finnian is assured of privacy, he will pull out the Duke's locket and concentrate on contacting the Duke. When contact is established, he will proceed to report upon the events so far.

'I hope this report isn't too tiring for you, but I've got some information that needs to be shared in case we don't find our way back to somewhere civilized to gain further assistance.

'Your fears that something wrong is stirring in the North seem to be fairly accurate. I have not even reached the ports of the North to begin the investigations you sent me on. The ship I was traveling on was mystically attacked by some rather powerful black mages of a strange demonic order who whipped up a storm to shipwreck us far off course. We ended up far north and west of where we were supposed to make port. Somehow the storm transported us far beyond the reach of even the fastest ship to travel in that amount of time.

'I am not alone. There were other passengers aboard the ship who strive to do the Light's work, and we have banded together to protect ourselves from the further predations of the black ones. One of our number seems to be rather scholarly and has informed us that according to his information the black ones are known as the Order of Drakar.

'The Order appears to be after an object, a book, that was among the possessions of another passenger and have attacked us again not far from where we were shipwrecked. We were able to drive them off this time, but it seems they are expending a lot of resources to try to find us and recover the book. The others and I have pledged to stay together and help each other until we can get this book to some place safe, but it is looking like things are rising that will make finding a safe place a rather long and perilous journey.

'I await your insight and any further instructions you might have for me.
'Your humble servant, Finnian.'
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Cast Cure Light Wounds on self for 12 points.
AC 18 HP 94 / 99
Spells Available 3, 4, 0, 1

Finnian has four more Cure Lights to provide to the others before he retires.

After resting.
AC 18 HP 99 / 99
Spells Available 3, 5, 5, 3
Bardic Music Available 9
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian

It seems we are safe for the moment, Arrwuh didn't find any threat in the vicinity. Of course, maybe enemies were just delayed by the storm...

We should rest and prepare for tomorrow travel. We can also discuss various topics such as me and Kellson.
:smiles:
But first, I need to pray, sunset should be especialy beautiful after clearing storms left in their wake. If you'll excuse me...
Vorian nods and heads out

Finding place from which he can see the sunset he removes his helm and kneels on the ground. Soon, he is deep in communion with Red Knight rethinking past battle, looking for tactical errors and strategic weaknesses both his and his opponents.

After about hour or so he gets up and starts series of exercises with wide stances always holding shield far in front of him. Sometimes slowly rotating sometimes including Delilah into it as she pushes into the shield and moves the knight back.

Now in darkness, Vorian returns to the tent, hopefuly for dinner :)

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

Having napped for a good bit of the day, being exhasted from the previous night's ride. Bertrand rises with a groan and stretches. "Since the storm seems to have abated, I think I shall have a stroll about the top of the slope and look for any sign of trouble." He whistles and his dog moves to his side to accompany him. "Anybody else want to stretch their legs?"

Rhun

First Post
Vadric too has tried to catch up on his sleep as the storm's fury roared outside of the the tent, knowing that he was of little use in his current state; tired, and with most of his ability to channel the power of the Light expended.

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

Backdated: Jaroth accepts any healing offered (DM: I have no idea what his HPs are after his encounter with Zephyr).

P.S. due to my item familiar's grant of +10% xp, Jaroth leveled. He is now 12th level. I leveled him on the Rogue's Gallery thread. 6th level spells! I took greater dispel magic. :)

J. Alexander

First Post
The Cove

The party rests and prepares itself for the evening only to awaken the next morning rested and refreshed. No once with the exception of Bertrand can remember settling in for the evening. The morning shows promise of being warm and unwindy. Stepping outside with animals in tow....party members are suprised to see smoke coming from a familar hillock some mile to the north west.

Rhun

First Post
I believe Vadric had enough spell slots left to bring everyone to full hit points before bedding down for the night. And he can provide long-term care as well, so everyone should heal 2hp x level for resting the night.

After rising and eating a quick breakfast, Vadric spends an hour in prayer, kneeling in the sands with his face toward the sun. When he returns to the group, all signs of exhaustion are gone from his visage, replaced with a calmness that can only come from divine blessing. He then spends a few minutes writing in the notebook given to him by Patriarch Grappien, detailing the situation and the happenings of the last couple of days.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
- 0-Level (6): Detect Magic x 2, Create Water, Light x 2,
- 1st Level (7+1): Bless, Command, Remove Fear, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Obscuring Mist, Doom + Protection from Evil
- 2nd Level (5+1): Consecrate, Hold Person x 2, Bull's Strength, Silence + Spiritual Weapon
- 3rd Level (5+1): Invisibility Purge, Magic Circle vrs. Evil, Searing Light, Dispel Magic x 2 + Magic Vestment
- 4th Level (4+1): Freedom of Movement, Greater Magic Weapons, Divine Power x 2 + Holy Smite
- 5th Level (3+1): Greater Command, Righteous Might, True Seeing + Flame Strike
- 6th Level (1+1): Heal + Blade Barrier
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Canaan

First Post
Canaan said:
Backdated: Jaroth accepts any healing offered (DM: I have no idea what his HPs are after his encounter with Zephyr).

P.S. due to my item familiar's grant of +10% xp, Jaroth leveled. He is now 12th level. I leveled him on the Rogue's Gallery thread. 6th level spells! I took greater dispel magic. :)

actually, now that I think about it, I may have taken transport via plants. I dunno. I have to look.

Remove ads