• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North

J. Alexander

First Post
Clarification

The party awoke this morning with a very familar hillock in view from which smoke is arrivign...i guess i should have made it clear........you are no longer in the cove........the tent seems to have relocated during the night.

Rhun

First Post
J. Alexander said:
The party awoke this morning with a very familar hillock in view from which smoke is arrivign...i guess i should have made it clear........you are no longer in the cove........the tent seems to have relocated during the night.

By "very familiar hillock" do you mean base camp?

Rhun

First Post
Vadric pulls up short as he realizes that they are no longer in the cove, and blinks his eyes slowly, several times. Recognizing the hillock as the base camp they had set-up after escaping the shipwreck, the cleric sighs and shakes his head. "It looks as though we covered some ground during the night."

Rath Lorien

First Post
"Thank you Kellison. Your word is good enough for me."

"As to our new location, I think my mind is too befuddled from our recent adventures to wonder much at this newest surprise. But in the future we perhaps we should treat this tent with more care."

"Finally, to address our tactical situation. I advise that we not be too hasty to appoach or attack either group. We should secure the most defensible area along with whatever survivors remain and prepare to defend ourselves as best we can."

OOC: Mr DM, would you please advise what Anniston would consider to be the best tactical position for the purpose of defense? I think that we pitched our base camp in the lee of a hill. I imagine that being on top of that hill would be the best place to be, particularly when defending against cavalry.

Rhun

First Post
Rath Lorien said:
OOC: Mr DM, would you please advise what Anniston would consider to be the best tactical position for the purpose of defense? I think that we pitched our base camp in the lee of a hill. I imagine that being on top of that hill would be the best place to be, particularly when defending against cavalry.

Don't forget, we also did what we could to fortify the camp.

From ealier posts:
Once atop the outcropping the party paces some 20 feet then come to the the center which appears to be sunken some 30 feet below the crest and some 20 feet above the surf.

The rocky outcroping is a very defensable position as anyone wishing to come over the outer wall has a steep climb of about 50 feet then a decent to the interior. Should an attack come by sea then they would have to scale the 20 foot seawall to reach the shelterd area bewteen the two arms.

Rocks have been piled up to form a low three foot wall extedning from the outcropping so as to have the back of the area firmly against teh rock wall. Canvas and tents have been erected inside the walls to form private areas. Firepits have been redug and postined in better places so as to afford maxium light and warmth and the beginnings of a watch platform can be seen on the hillock above.

Several men under the direction of Vadric are in the process of digging a small ditch to form the out lines of a corral encircling the picket line and building a low stone wall to from an encolouser some 20 feet wide and 30 feet long topped with lines of rigging forming an effective barrier.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Hillock

For the earlier works, the best defensive postion would be along the rim of the hillock itself. The party would have the interior lines of movement and could quickly shift from side to side. The coral is on the northern side of the hillock and providing an additionaly layer of obstacles as it back against the hill and has a stout 20x30 wall around it some 3 feet high in addition to a small ditch. The rim itself has as noted earlier a low stone wall built along it's rim. Further inspection shows that there have been constructed several fightiing platforms/storgpoints along the wall large enought to hold three men each.

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

To anyone observing, Jaroth seems rather distracted today, only half-listening to conversation.

He seems momentarily facsinated by the tent's movement.

He puts his hands in the sleeves of his robe across his chest and looks at the approaching horseman.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

"Perhaps someone should check on deSion, our host. I can't help thinking that our movement was at his direction. He could be on the mend. I shall see to the horses and check on my people." Bertrand checks the horse and gets them out of the tent and into the corral. He greets his men warmly and complements them on the preparations made. "Boys, I think we are going to have some company, infantry from there and cavalry over there." He points to the areas where they expect attack. "Gather your weapons and tell the able bodied men here to prepare. We don't know for sure that either group is hostle to us, but better to be prepared."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian

Maybe I should try to talk to riders first. I was not part of your group and maybe they'll stop to speak without attacking me. If not, Delilah can outrun any horse I know of so I'll be back soon. And you'll get some time to organize your men without new people causing curiosity, confusion or fear.

Remove ads