• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Intelligence Service

ghostcat

First Post
Stalker joins the other for breakfast. Suspecting what is coming he eats lightly before throwing himself into the training. Although Stalker would have liked to have improved his existing skills, he is not too unhappy about being made to learning new skills.

[sblock=Rolls]1d20=12, 1d20=13, 1d20=10

10 - +10 skill points to use magic item
12 - + 3 points to intelligence
13 - add the feat quick draw

Do I get to use 8 extra skill points for the increased intelligence?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Frigin never having had anything close to regular schooling, took to the training like a fish to water. He enjoyed every aspect of the training and would have a huge grin on his face while running, learning to handle his weapon better or any other time.

But the barbarian oddly enough found the most fun in what the grim voiced man called "Supplemental Item Bonding". During these times Frigin would be givin a slim stick and said that if he "bonded" with the item it would start to glow. Weeks of training and practice and Frigin finally got his stick to work. Excited he tried "bonding" with others and found that some just didn't light up, (one actually spouted a jet of flame that caught a nearby tapestry on fire).

During study times Frigin worked his hardest, (running, push ups, and swordplay came as natural as breathing) but the "bookwork" was a daughting task that Frigin worked hard to get through. And although after all the training the warrior still couldn't read or write, he did do an excellent job at copying handwriting in the forgery class. And his fellow students commented on how he retained everything he was learning as if he grew a little bit smarter everyday.

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry JA couldn't let the chance to try and explain a few things IC go by. Here is my rolls/effects, and I also have ?? on my character sheet for HP and maybe now that should read ?? + 5 :p

EDIT: I was not so much wondering about skill points for the raise in INT but was wondering if maybe we were taught an additional language or two?

Rolls:
1d20 = 20, 11, 10
1d20 = 16, 12

Effect:
Roll again 2 times
+5 base hit points
+10 use magic device
+3 to INT
add feat power attack (already have so changed to +1 attack and damage)
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock]
After a skimpy meal the party is lead back to a very spartan barracks and time passes quickly. Endless classes and real world exercised in combat, survelliance, information gathering, forgery, interrogation, and other such spycraft consume every waking hour as each individuals skills are identifed and enhanced. At the end of the training..everyone now has the above listed skills as a class skill.

Additionaly ever one needs to roll a d20 three times and add the following result to their character skills. This is to reflect areas develope in the school that you did not know you had or that were enhanced.

09 - +5 skill points to forgery

11 - + 5 base hit points

ALL ROLL MUST BE DONE ON INVISIBLE CASTLE.

[/sblock]

[sblock=my 3 d 20]
my 3 d 20
1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=3

EDIT: I seem to have forgotten to do hp. What method are hp rolled? average, 3/4, max rolled on IC ...?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=LOL] I don't think amyone has HP Scott seems that was something we were going to get when we needed them. [/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Graduation

One brisk morning the party is awankend at the unusual hour of 9 am instead of the usual hour of 5 am.

The instructior they have come to hate says "Gentlemen,,your presence is requested within the next hour in the dining room"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"YAWN!" :yawn:

"I think I slept to much," Frigin says stretching and putting his feet on the floor. He goes through his early morning warm ups, even though it looks like there will be no early morning jog.

Once finished he dresses in the standard "school" uniform and waits for the others, so they may leave as a group.

jkason

First Post
Donovan Tepari, human cleric

Donovan dresses quickly and quietly, eyes and ears alert; his experiences so far with his new employer have left him suspect of any and all changes in routine. But while he distrusts whatever heralds this change, he's quite certain a failure to comply would be punished out of hand, and so he joins the others to head down.

Lou

Explorer
Charley Demmo, Human Cleric

Learning the late hour, Charley wonders why he didn't wake at the usual time. The extra sleep has helped clear his head, so he guesses that the lack of sleep for days on end had left him too fatigued to develop a sleep pattern.

Charley warms up, cleans up, dresses, and prays for his spells before the group moves off to breakfast.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Orion’s skepticism is well-concealed as the instructor he has cursed many a time comes at such a late hour. The young man dresses quickly, scratches his scalp a bit and quickly draws the seal of Eurynome. He makes his pact with the Mother of the Material before stepping out of his room and heading to the dining room. As he walks, his feet leave oddly slick, glistening points, while his eyes are furtive.

[sblock=OOC]
Binding Check for Eurynome (this is assuming I have a piece of chalk, charcoal or something with which to draw): 19.
So… Bad pact. Woohoo! Extreme Paranoia, here I come! :p
[/sblock]

Remove ads